The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was just wondering if anyone here was the winner on this one from the Evilbay yesterday. Was listed as not working, for parts or repair and was missing the 6 back screws.

Hoping that if the winner is here they could update us on what it takes to bring this one back from the dead.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I got this yesterday of the Bay, one that I have been trying to find for quite long now. It be here in a couple days seller says.
I was crusing the Bay, it popped up and got it for a good price I am sure.
Now these have become real easy to do so I just got this one. One more to the collection. :7505::57:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Was just wondering if anyone here was the winner on this one from the Evilbay yesterday. Was listed as not working, for parts or repair and was missing the 6 back screws.

Hoping that if the winner is here they could update us on what it takes to bring this one back from the dead.
This one could be a easy fix looking at it. Not to much of a problem I would
say doing them now.:72: Look at the one I just got, almost the same shape.
But once you find out how to do them:58::hee20hee20hee:
This some of what has to be done to them.
I would also advise that it is done really carefully, because some small plastic parts can be broken real easy separating the Plastic plate from the actual movement. Very touchy some times. Good to ask some one that knows about them to be sure.
Let me know I'll help you with one if you have one to fix, no problem. Send me a email to [email protected] anytime.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one could be a easy fix looking at it.
Let me know I'll help you with one if you have one to fix, no problem. Send me a email to [email protected] anytime.
I was very tempted to bid on the one that I pictured but the dried film that appears on the back of the module put me off a bit. Never done a quartz watch so not comfortable.
The missing back screws were no problem, I have tons of screws from tiny stuff I've taken apart over the years. Being a pack rat for this stuff comes in handy.
Thanks for the offer of help, much appreciated and maybe I'll get tempted to start down the Aqualand road now that most Seiko divers are priced so high.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's fine , but you will get like this.......:hee20hee20hee::wee_hee::91:
Bwahaahahaa! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Not competing against everybody else here for the stuff on Evilbay I won't! LOL. Need to find other sources.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts