1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Thanks Mike. I've been enjoying your articles. Bring on more reviews of affordable vintage watches - most watch websites seem to focus on watches most of us can only dream of owning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
Great work! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Another great article Mike.
Los Angeles makes sense for a watch from Tehran. Many Persians and Armenians settled in the Los Angeles area after the revolution(1980).

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys...really glad you enjoyed. I'll be doing something every Thursday on vintage and you can bet that Seiko will have a high chance of being featured. Thanks again!

·
Special Member
5,183 Posts
Nicely done, Mike. I've shared it with friends of mine who are not wis's, but have seen my seiko chronos. Keep it coming!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Two things. Are you sure that's not a Farsi date wheel? I think that would make more sense. Also, I don't think it was called a yachtman in a Seiko ad, I think it was an ad for a US Distributor.

(assuming this is the ad:
)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, Yachtman is a common name for it as well as UFO...the article headline works a little better versus just calling it by an 8 digit model #.

As for it being Farsi, I had Someone comment on it being Arabic when I mentioned Farsi who apparently could read the writing. If someone can confirm, I'm happy to make the change.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well, Yachtman is a common name for it as well as UFO...the article headline works a little better versus just calling it by an 8 digit model #.

As for it being Farsi, I had Someone comment on it being Arabic when I mentioned Farsi who apparently could read the writing. If someone can confirm, I'm happy to make the change.
I was trying to find good pictures of the Farsi and arabic date wheels for comparison, but didn't find anything with a quick search.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts