The Watch Site banner

art watch

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Homocaballus 
#1 ·
I have noted that this forum is short on pretentious watch photos that looks like they were made by a design student in his first year of art college. So I picked out two of my artistic watches, choose a pretentious setting and snapped away. If I say so myself, I think the first photo is rather good while the most artistic ones, like the last, probably need a bot of work.The watches are the seriously iconic Trapeziod by Naoto Fukazawa and the TO by Tokujin Yoshioka. These watches can be seen in their natural surroundings as the Issey Miyake website (http://www.isseymiyake-watch.com/eg/index.html) but I must say that their pictures do not have any artistic merit whatsoever.(note artistic font and centering of text)

[img]

- martin[/font][/center]

See less See more
#8 ·
Art: the process or product of deliberately arranging elements in a way to affect the senses or emotions.

That makes most luxury wristwatches art ;)

This quite in line with how we use them. Time keeping is only óne aspect of this personal adornment often used to relay a message wether consciously/deliberate or not.
It also explains the value of many brands which otherwise, as hardware only, would be worth only a fraction of their market value.

A Seiko tuna per example started out as pure functionality, not art at all.
Nowadays various styling elements from dive watches are used for effect only, to affect the emotion and most ´diver´ watches never ever used for diving but often worn for emotions only.
So, art?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.