The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
28,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We receive watches/packages from all round the world so during this time due to the virus are you taking any extra precautions for example not opening when you first receive it, quarantining it, treating the contents when you open the package with bleach or such to attempt to kill off any nastys in it.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
There's some preliminary information about how long the virus can live on various surfaces (stainless, plastic, cardboard, etc). Again the preliminary information suggest not longer than 72 hours (shorter on some surfaces). I've received a few packages and have immediately thrown out the outer packaging/box/envelope, and give the inside/contents a quick wipe down with a Clorox wipe just to be safe. It may be overkill, but I'd rather spend the extra 5 minutes and be wrong...

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Regardless of C19, I always spray down used watches with Isopropyl Alcohol and due to C19 I wash my hands immediately after unwrapping packages that come through the mail.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've been trying to get a handle on how to best approach this situation and I suppose anything else you may bring into the home.

I've used a "wet paint" analogy to try to explain to customers how the virus may be transferred via contact.

I further explain it can take 3 days for the paint to dry ( I know estimated survival time of virus may differ depending on surface and environmental conditions, but for the sake of simplicity its better to be overcautious).

So every time the wet paint is touched its can be transferred to the next item.

As an extra precaution I would not bring the package into the house but rather discard packaging and wipe the watch down outside first.

Alternatively one could quarantine the watch for three days or more (but you must have a strong will to do this ;) )

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I wear a condom when getting my parcels, the postie was a bit surprised though!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Why Dave ? do you and him normally go bare back ? :)
I generally just use a few wraps of parcel tape, but it irritates her....... intensely 😂😂

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wasn't...but now I guess I may need to. Damn 72 hour wait with (3) in the mail...means a lot of waiting. Oh well, better safe than sorry. Stay safe out there!!!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Should be ok from the seller as most packages take a few days to arrive. My postie wears gloves but touches other things. Who knows who else touches it but mostly machines I guess. At the moment I discard packaging straight away then wash my hands for two rounds of happy birthday and then take two slugs of neat gin and one of polish honey liqueur.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
34 Posts
I get rid of the outer packaging ASAP, wash my hands, get the watch out and then down 2 glasses of scotch as a celebration before washing my hands again

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I get rid of the outer packaging ASAP, wash my hands, get the watch out and then down 2 glasses of scotch as a celebration before washing my hands again

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts