The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So show me what Seiko or Citizen you got for that pocket. Ideally show us how it is worn in your Jeans.
Or otherwise, I would just love to read your opinion about the concept of a frack watch in your Jeans pocket: is it Hype or is it dork?

Cheers

Scoobadoo

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Here's mine - I presume the clip is for your belt :)

Would have the glass facing inward, not like this:

This is a Homer model from the mid 1960s I think - I love the black hands:

Stephen

·
Special Member
3,359 Posts
No Seiko or Citizen pocket watches but I do have a few Elgins and an Arnex. I wear them all the time with jeans and also have a wrist watch on at the same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So happy to see you here, Stephen!
Thank you for your post. A nice watch you have there, thank you for showing.
I think you will find one of the watches I am going to show especially interesting...

Droyal, if you wear two watches at the same time, don't you feel embarased to pull out your pocket watch while you are wearing another one? Or do you ever look at it? Or only when nobody else is there?

This morning I still didn't have good photos to show you. And since I need to coordinate my ressources between family and hobbies, I decided to ask my older son, who just turned four years old, to help me with the photoshoot.
I hope you like what came out :)

A little information:
The first stainless steel one is a Seiko SAPQ003
The second is a golden Citizen, for which I really couldn't find any information.
The third watch is a golden Citizen Cosmotron X8. I was really surprised to find it and just had to have it. I love the combination of modern and classic, as it is expressed not only in the concept of state of the art technology (of the 1960's) built into a traditional concept of a pocket watch, but also through the contemporary highly modern design of the period.
Enjoy:

Attachments

·
Special Member
3,359 Posts
So happy to see you here, Stephen!
Thank you for your post. A nice watch you have there, thank you for showing.
I think you will find one of the watches I am going to show especially interesting...

Droyal, if you wear two watches at the same time, don't you feel embarased to pull out your pocket watch while you are wearing another one? Or do you ever look at it? Or only when nobody else is there?

This morning I still didn't have good photos to show you. And since I need to coordinate my ressources between family and hobbies, I decided to ask my older son, who just turned four years old, to help me with the photoshoot.
I hope you like what came out :)

A little information:
The first stainless steel one is a Seiko SAPQ003
The second is a golden Citizen, for which I really couldn't find any information.
The third watch is a golden Citizen Cosmotron X8. I was really surprised to find it and just had to have it. I love the combination of modern and classic, as it is expressed not only in the concept of state of the art technology (of the 1960's) built into a traditional concept of a pocket watch, but also through the contemporary highly modern design of the period.
Enjoy:
I do look at it, but only when nobody is around to avoid the embarrassment:)

·
Registered
530 Posts
At one time the pocket was much larger and meant for a watch. These days it's a style thing not really meant for a watch. Some watches will fit but a 18 size watch wouldn't fit most jeans pockets.

I carry a pocketwatch all the time but wear it in a leather pouch on my belt. it's much better protected that way.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never had a problem with the size of the pocket, I guess my 35mm watches are relatively small?
The only problem is pulling them out while seated.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I do look at it, but only when nobody is around to avoid the embarrassment:)
If you get embarrass to use them Don't use them. You should be proud to use them in public because today people don't have such ....
" Valuable and Extraordinary time pieces " like some of you do.

I use to use a " Old WESTCLOX Pocket " watch when I worked before
but not on a chain. It was on Caterpillar Watch Flab of a ( CAT D9 )
Dozer that I had and was given to me as a young kid by a old Diesel Mechanic and Operator.
My Mom mis-placed it when I left home for the service in the early 1960's.
Wish I still had it today, I only have another old one here yet.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have a nice 7622 (interesting manual wind calibre?)

It doubles as a pocket watch but I believe it is the belt pocket watch too.

Interesting thread :)

P1330227_zpse61cb644.jpg

P1330228_zps55041117.jpg

P1330232_zps5ba3f184.jpg

P1330234_zpsfa687699.jpg

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's mine - This is a Homer model from the mid 1960s I think - I love the black hands:

Stephen
Stephen, I think you would find your watch in the catalogues section of this site, in the catalogue of 1974. I don't know if the model was offered in the 60's, but it was in '74.
http://www.thewatchsite.com/13-ads-...citizen-catalogs-1970-s-japan.html#post747738
It would be nice to have a hand wind, one day. Mine are all battery driven (which by all means I don't find bad for itself).

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a nice 7622 (interesting manual wind calibre?)

It doubles as a pocket watch but I believe it is the belt pocket watch too.

Interesting thread :)
What do you mean with "belt pocket watch"? What is the diference? A dieferent chain clip?

I like your watch, it shows that the design of my model, which is still actual (I think), looks back at a long tradition.
It doesn't always need to be a railroad watch ;-)

Thank you for showing

Scoobadoo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi
This is a good thread! I have thought a lot about this but have not bought any good chain yet. But I still have this nice inscripted Citizen.

Regards Kent

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Stephen, I think you would find your watch in the catalogues section of this site, in the catalogue of 1974. I don't know if the model was offered in the 60's, but it was in '74.
It would be nice to have a hand wind, one day. Mine are all battery driven (which by all means I don't find bad for itself).
Ah, thanks Scoobadoo, I hadn't spotted that before in the '74 catalog. This type of pocket watch was offered in the mid-1960s, but on reflection they would be the ones marked 'parashock' and 'phynox'.

Stephen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts