The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to my potential buyers if you are seeing this, but strangely enough I have 2 seperate offers on the table for 2 different watches to be purchased using USPS money orders. Obviously my stipulation is I wont send the watch until I cash the money order, but I thought I remember somehere in the back of my head a warning that I could still get charged somehow? Maybe it's a false memory but any insights?

G

·
Re: Are USPS money orders safe for me to accept? Any risks for me as the seller?

Ive accepted them about a half dozen times with no problems so far

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Are USPS money orders safe for me to accept? Any risks for me as the seller?

Thanks Kenny, that really helps. Anyone else have any experience with them? Thanks very much in advanc efor taking the time to respond. I know it's not an exciting topic. :) I appreciate others experience on this topic. I've never been faced with it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Gents! So happy you guys replied. I just needed the extra assurance from some other familiar guys that this was ok to do. Much thanks!!

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Ditto. I use USPS money orders all the time with no issues whatsoever. I have also received payment with Canada Post money orders in US Dollars. Just as good as USPS money orders and your local USPS post office will cash Canada Post money orders as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
One little detail I don't see mentioned (and this may or may not apply to your situation, as I don't know which country you're in).

USPS sell a couple different money orders, an "international" one and a "domestic" one. Although the domestic ones are stamped in red something like "not negotiable outside the US or it's possessions", I have received several in Canada over the years and it almost takes a trip to the US to cash them.

Other than that, they haven't given me any problems, as others have mentioned.

Cheers! Hamish.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The only thing I would mention is that I have been turned down when trying to cash a USPS money order at the PO first thing in the morning. They don't have any money in the cash register until they've been open and doing business for a couple of hours. Best to go in the afternoon.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
TakesALickin said:
The only thing I would mention is that I have been turned down when trying to cash a USPS money order at the PO first thing in the morning. They don't have any money in the cash register until they've been open and doing business for a couple of hours. Best to go in the afternoon.
Yes, I forgot to mention that little detail as well. Wait to go to the post office to cash your money order until the afternoon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts