The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are Seiko 6138 centre wheels the same as all 6 series calibre? I know the cannon pinion is longer but is the centre wheel unique as well? Thanks in advance.
Its just I bought what I thought was a 6138 centre wheel and cannon pinion. Now I fitted the centre wheel and bottom end. All working good. Then I fit the calender side and damn pinion is too short as it sits below the hour wheel.

Answer the centre wheel is the same as other 6 series calibres. The Canon pinion is unique!

·
Registered
240 Posts
No, there are different, 6138, 6139A, 6139B ...
Have a look at the attached pdf,
best regards from France, Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Peter I know this but I was referring to the Centre Wheel that goes with the cannon pinion not the Centre Chronograph wheel.

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
Yes, parts are different from other 61xx's. Center wheel and cannon pinion is 224612, cannon pinion alone is 225617.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Oh, oh, too quick ... for I'm actally thinking on center chronograph wheels ...

The center wheel w/pinion are not the same for the 61xx family.
There are Seiko no 224611 for 610x, 611x, 6139 A/B
and Seiko no 224612 for 6138 A/B only.
Best regards, Peter

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks fellow SCWF folk its probably my bad explanation but I know the part numbers are different for centre wheel and Cannon Pinion but is the only difference the cannon pinion. I have found out the CP height of a 6139 is 2.5mm and the CP height of 6138 is 3.3mm but do they actually use the same centre wheel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts