The Watch Site banner
1 - 15 of 14 Posts

·
Special Member
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To my eye what stands out are the EEs are way off (misaligned) and the 6 bottom half is too round - the middle horizontal line should be more straight. I'm sure other eagle eyed members will see more wrongs.

·
Special Member
9,065 Posts
Yes that is the classic COUNTERFEIT which I say because it has a fraudulent unique serial number

Imagine making aftermarket auto parts with the logo of Ford or Audi or whoever. Fake.

Imagine making aftermarket Vehicle Information Number (VIN) tags to put on the dashboard. FRAUD. Way worse legal problem than a hubcap with a fake logo on it.

Whoever is making these should have a big fund saved up to keep them out of jail should Seiko push for infringement or any government decides to prosecute.

·
Special Member
452 Posts
Is that a genuine caseback that has been turned on a lathe and then engraved (rather than stamped)?
My guess as well. The original caseback is beat up and they polish it but still have to grind it down to remove the original marking and then they laser engraved it. Looks quite obvious when you compare the serial number to the rest of the text or even the original stamped serial.

·
Special Member
9,065 Posts
Another strange observation - it is a 6000 but is stamped Water Resistant??? Should be Water Proof?
Yes aside from being an atrocious fake that looks all wrong for the execution of detail, the dope who programmed the engraver didn't know jack$h!+ about vintage SEIKO and chose a PROOF date with a RESISTANT horseshoe.

What an @$$clown.

·
Special Member
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reminds me of the Jackass who started this thread back in 2019. He kept claiming Resistant 6000 casebacks were found in 1969.

Fifty years ago this month: The first Auto Chronos

And this comment by the Jackass in the thread always stands out to me as if he is taunting the Seiko community.

Fifty years ago this month: The first Auto Chronos

"Now that we're all on the same page... the machine that produced the horse shoe backs was replaced in the 1970's. Does anyone really believe that Seiko rebuild it and brought it back to run 3000 cases then retired it. ....or do you think Sekosis has it now and is putting the fakes out to draw attention away from it? I ask you. Is each equally plausible? Take your time in answering.....🤡 "

My apologies for beating a dead horse and bringing up an awful thread that was excruciatingly painful to many people including myself. But now that the casebacks are everywhere perhaps it is useful to try to revisit this Total Jackass thread.

·
Special Member
3,658 Posts
I just re- read that whole Bubbleboy disaster over morning coffee. Just Wow!
Also, another members name popped up that I associate with some shenanigans, but can't place now- Chhon.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30,453 Posts
I chuckle at anything feiko, Nothing new at all...The interest in these models fuels the replication ...So in essence, Any one with iinterest in buying this market will suffer. I sold all my 6138/9's a while back for good reason. Enjoy Gentlemen...

·
Registered
291 Posts
1 - 15 of 14 Posts