The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture the scene........An email from my great friend and buddy Greg Benjock(Petjag)Ive been dealing with him for years with Aqualands nigh on since i started on the forum.
Hi Neil just been given an Aqualand CO23 from a guy in the neighbourhood where i live and hes had it from new,a lovely Gold Toned C023 and he said i can have it for some work ive been doing for him.Neilo i Wondered as you collect them if you would want it?????Free!!!!!! I will send it over to you in the UK from North Carolina.

You can imagine my response to that scenario.

Well it arrived today and although Greg is a great friend and Mentor after all these years and fixing probably 11 of my Aqualands i could not just take it.I did however send him a NOS Seiko i had in my collection as a thank you,It was unworn and still had the hangtag on,Greg got that also today and he loves it.
This is what i was sent....Thanks Greg a true WIS and friend who looks out for me when it involves my Favourite Watches.
See what you think of this,One owner from new and all original CO23,Clean,fully working,with what even looks like the strap has not even been run in.I have not even cleaned it yet!!!What a great day. ;)

Black and White shot

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Re: Aqualands just dont get any Cheaper than this or in this condition..>>>>

That looks brand new!
Awesome.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

Neilo,

From another aqualand fanatic brother, I sincerely give you congratulations for the gift! And of course, to Greg Benjok for such a wonderful gesture. I wish I had friends like this, man. 8)

Hey, remember that CO29 Ti base that I scored at ebay, after talking about it with you? I left it personally today at the CITIZEN authorized service for a full SPA treatment (batteries, all gaskets, new strap, new crown, cleaning of the movement). I'll post pictures as a homage to you, here, as soon as I get it back from servicing.

Congratulations once again, to you and Greg!
Kind regards,
CHRIS

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

Neil, one question about this CO23 version: case-wise, is it the same dimensions as the classic CO22? I mean, are their internal and cosmetic parts interchangeable/swappable? I'd love to see some mods between them - this CO23 dial installed in a classic CO22 might look gorgeous....also, lug-wise, is this one 24mm, too?

Thanks!
CHRIS

·
Registered
2,131 Posts

Big Aqualand congrats! Great story and love to hear great wis-ers paying it forward and random acts of kindness.
Restores some faith in humanity and we don't often get that these days.
This new addition is like minty, nos shape. Did the dude ever wear it. Great care into that one for sure.

Cheers, and enjoy the new old one. ;)
Dave.

I really need one of these aqualands, CO22/CO23? :)

I love my modern one.

·
Registered
197 Posts

Congratulations on the nice catch. Friends like that are hard to come by.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Congrats mate, that's a great story!
This is one even says "Aqualand" on the dial, I really like that. The ones I have don't mention that anywhere.
Enjoy the great piece!

·
Registered
4,550 Posts

What a great story and a beautiful watch. Congrats...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts