The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aqualand Analog Promaster Promaster 200m 5861 F80057 - I've had it for over 15 years without any harsh usage and no diving in the past year. The movement stopped around 1 month ago and I took to a watch repair to get the battery replaced yesterday.

They said they tried replacing the battery but the watch is no longer operational and it is not worth repairing. They left the new battery installed, so I tried activating the depth meter and I will get a BEEP with I enter diving mode but thats all I can do.

It hard to believe it would just stop working after the battery died. Any suggestions? I heard Citizens has some type of trade in plan?

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Total bummer.

Hope you can get it working again and :welcome: to SCWF. Lots of Aqualand fans here!
Aqualand Analog Promaster Promaster 200m 5861 F80057 - I've had it for over 15 years without any harsh usage and no diving in the past year. The movement stopped around 1 month ago and I took to a watch repair to get the battery replaced yesterday.

They said they tried replacing the battery but the watch is no longer operational and it is not worth repairing. They left the new battery installed, so I tried activating the depth meter and I will get a BEEP with I enter diving mode but thats all I can do.

It hard to believe it would just stop working after the battery died. Any suggestions? I heard Citizens has some type of trade in plan?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Dear Friend
remember every time you make dive you must wash your watch with water because the salt is sitting on the dive sensor like Stone and then you must change the Dive sensor.The other is you must clean the circuit of the watch one every 15 years because the watch have log errors.The third you must change the O ring from The crown and from the case back every 2 times battery change (if you are a diver).I think you watch need a very good case clean and a cirquit clean and change battery and O rings.And you are ready.IN my blog i have Videos can se how can you do this.
greekdimis blogspot

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same watch. My wife gave it to me on our wedding day in 1995. Several years ago I had the battery changed and shortly after I had pressed one of the buttons and it started to beep continuously. As I was unable to get it to stop I buried it in my garage until the battery died again. Not to long ago, after much procrastination I sent it directly to a Citizen Service Center in Dallas. It cost me about $100 to have it cleaned, serviced, a new battery and a new band. It has been working like a champ ever since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts