The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Special Member
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^-^ What's it like to live with a Citizen Aqualand diver.

1. Can you change the battery yourself, or do you have to send it back to Citizen for a reset (It would not be used for diving)

2. Battery life. ::)

3. Are they good /bad models. ???

Thanks

Bob.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's a great life!I'm pretty sure you could change battery by yourself if you have all the tools, but then WR and the depth sensor work will not be guaranteed. Battery life depends on which model you have and how much you use the alarm/depth sensor. There are ED models, too. The manuals I've seen mostly estimated 2 years for regular batteries. You can download the manuals for more information. I never heard of a particularly bad model. Let your taste and the requested functions decide... Or ask more specific, I'm sure someone around here will help. I own a Classic II and an Analog Aqualand, both great watches.

·
Special Member
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^-^ Sebastion. Thanks for the information, always liked the Aqualand range, no problem in changing batteries.

Once again many thanks ;D

Bob.

·
Registered
688 Posts
You can change the battery yourself (even if you do dive it), you just need to be able to replace or at least clean and lube the caseback gasket. If you won't use the dive functions or daily alarm the battery should last at least three years. There are no "bad" models, but there are some ugly ones, IMO! Look at several different models and decide what you like. The Ti models wear light and have a durable coating. Whatever you get, if you're in the states, Citizen USA is good to deal with. I recently sent a Ti Aqualand Duplex in for crystal and battery, they went through it and determined it also needed some seals and a new crown, and it still only cost about $70, and came back looking great. These are tough watches and have been used by divers and military personnel all over the world.

Good luck in your search.

Paul

·
Special Member
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^-^ thanks Paul, it's always best to speak to the owners of watches that you are interesting in. ;)

Bob.
Ps Devon UK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts