The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , .......Can some one reply back to me about these Aqualand series
watchs. Some one that knows about them if possible.
I am looking for some information to them.
Aloha and Thank you.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Is it a state secret?? lol

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How about some.... " Wiki Leaks ".....

How can I get some .......... " WIKI LEAK'S " , to these ?
There should be some one that ......... "LEAK'S " , about them.:57:
After all there should be some one that will .... " Talk ", :hee20hee20hee: and let out information. :25:

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
What do you need to know?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well .......

I need to take on these now , got the 6309's quite good and going.
I need to know where do I work on these and what makes them TICK.
I have two complete ones, but none working so need to make them go again
so need to find out what I need to do like in taking them apart, but thats easy,
then what is next. Like to find a working movement then try these.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I often see these on watchmaker's stalls here in the Philippines, usually broken or not functioning. I remember reading about these also that parts are hard to come by so passed on grabbing one.

However, i just found one on a recent vacation at Subic Bay (former us base). Seems to functions good, aesthetics seems ok too.. Except for the depth sensor part! Owner put in an ornament of some kind, probably lost the cover somehow. Cant seem to find enough articles about restoration but hope to find one also.

Here's a snap after taking off the ornament on the depth sensor area.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply, Kapatid na lalaki

Thanks for the reply, and that's where mine came from originally
as a parts watch. But looking at it is all intact like my other one
so will keep trying to find information to them.

Thanks for relying ......... Kapatid na lalaki , jkchua

You have a beautiful country and people back there.
I am from Honolulu, Hawaii , on the Island of Oahu. ( Originally from the Big Island.)
Spent my U.S. Navy time there out of Subic Bay a lot, and enjoyed
every minute I was there. Have a lot of friends there also, Basiq, Manila, Davao, and up
in Bagio City and some other places.
( We were just like family when over there and now yet. )
I appreciate your reply back ...... jkchua .................
Kapatid na lalaki , Mabuhay

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I've read a couple about jumping a coil or something when installing new batteries or what you have is totally a parts watch, missing parts on the movement? Yeah these are truly classics. I really don't care that much if the depth sensor won't function but i have to hunt for that depth sensor cover for mine to look good :)

Nice to know you've been here. I was at Subic just last weekend and every time i go there i always go outside Olongapo City for watch hunting haha. Last time i was there got me a vintage tissot and a waltham :)

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
There are contact coils that fit in holes in the movement - very easily lost. I'm sure there are posts about this here, or on the old N54 forum.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the reply

Yeh, I check that old Forum already , it was the first place I went too.
But still nothing yet, so I just browsing t find what I can.
Once I know what the issue spot is then the rest I can probably
figure out an learn about them.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes always liked going there

I've read a couple about jumping a coil or something when installing new batteries or what you have is totally a parts watch, missing parts on the movement? Yeah these are truly classics. I really don't care that much if the depth sensor won't function but i have to hunt for that depth sensor cover for mine to look good :)

Nice to know you've been here. I was at Subic just last weekend and every time i go there i always go outside Olongapo City for watch hunting haha. Last time i was there got me a vintage tissot and a waltham :)
Yeh, Olongapo I really liked it there because I had many friend, and they took good care of me being from here, just like family as I said.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thank you Sir and it did help

Thank you Sir, it was very helpful.
It did give some help and there was a video attached in there also.
Now the part is to find out ............. " What makes it Tick, and how
to find the problems ".
I would say its got a bad ............... " Circuit Board or similar parts
defect " . ( Probably why it was sold too. )
But its again a challenge into a new area for me as a holder of the
watch.
So I have to and will except the ................... " Challenger and Confront its
Problems and get it ................. " Done Right ".

NOTE :
But with recognizing help, advice and information from others. This is
because I don't know much about them and an opportunity to do it
is present.

Again Thank you all for your help,
Aloha ................... LongBike

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Here's a post from theNeilo, showing it's "parts", and a search results page (sometimes you have to be a bit inventive on search terms )http://www.thewatchsite.com/search.php?searchid=917361 http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/20500-wanna-see-naked-classic-aqualand-its-pants-down.html

Thank you for this Sir, exactly i was looking for.

For a minute there i was wondering why such a thread didn't exist where we have The Aqualand King here (sir Neil) :)

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Mr Neilo1

As to a bad accident we are told he is having some hard times.
Ha has recovery going on with him. he was the person when I started
here that I found out about a lot of with Aqualand watchs, and he is
the ............ " Master of Them ". But he is recovering from what we
have heard, and in time he will be back with us again.
Until then I think will have to do our own home work and ask others to help in these watchs.
I am sure there is a very trusted and may be more than one person to help us. It sure would
be fine to get more information about these watch I would say.
Though in time, but we can help each other along the way to get these
going and fixed also. While the Master is out we can do for ourself for now.
Thank you for your reply post..............jkchua Kapatid na lalaki .

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hope he gets well soon. I've always liked his posts :(

Thanks also sir for opening this thread. I was searching every forum about these classics for the past few days since i got mine.

Update on mine: i finally got the courage to open it up (back case only) since seeing the link sir 7s26b posted. Seems i am totally missing the depth sensor? The colon markers on the digital time blinks fast also. That may be the problem or the batteries are going weak?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Mine are like these

I opened mine up and they look like this. The one thing I need to find
out is what makes it TICK, like I said.
Once I find the operation of it I probably will do it to get it going. I am very picky when taking parts apart so when I do thing I always make sure I have everything prepared. Also never like to be in a distracted area. So family knows this so what they do is just leave me alone and don't bother no matter what.
But my coffee is the only thing that is delivered, but put where I know it is and no one says anything too.
I have always have been that way even doing Race cars and Bikes, Mechanic work also and especially Welding. I just cant stand to be bothered when doing something crucial or minute work.
And " Cleanliness is a Priority ", with me on all I do, as much as possible.
You see those pictures ?
Not clean , they don't get assembled ............ " Period ".
_________________________________________________________________________________
The video attached along with the ( Neilo1 posting ), watch it because you can stop and go watching it
in steps for you to continue on.

Also what exactly is this ( Movement if need to be found ), that's my main question.
What caliber is it ?
And what type of Circuit board lay-out is it also ?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Unfortunately, the C02x series were "return to manufacturer" for battery change and repairs, so tech type instructions are not easy to come by. You might be able to use the repair instructions for a similar type Citizen quartz module from a non-divers watch and work it out with the pics.
The movement number is C02#, as per the watch. As there are three cells, there are probably three sections, digital , analogue and depth sensor. I added the pdf for the depth sensor to the forum a little while ago.
The C900,C026/7, C030,C010 are similar, showing the separate analogue components.
Try a forum search of "aqualand spring" as there are a few more posts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts