The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I'm doing this afternoon guys. This is the extended version, 3 hours 15 minutes of goodness. Everytime I see Captain Willard's 6105 I think about all of you who proudly own a piece of cinematic history. It's raining out so this is a perfect day for watching this classic film. Happy Sunday everyone.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
This is what I'm doing this afternoon guys. This is the extended version, 3 hours 15 minutes of goodness. Everytime I see Captain Willard's 6105 I think about all of you who proudly own a piece of cinematic history. It's raining out so this is a perfect day for watching this classic film. Happy Sunday everyone.

Well we are all glad to see u are relaxing watching this my friend
God Bless you my frienf and enjoy yourself
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we are all glad to see u are relaxing watching this my friend
God Bless you my frienf and enjoy yourself
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Thanks John Sir. Love ya man! I can't wait to see Willard "terminate Kurtz with extreme prejudice".

·
Premium Member
9,260 Posts
Nice Kenny ... enjoy some peace and quiet and simple (if not intense) entertainment. That movie is on my very soon to watch agenda. Haven't seen it in a while.

enjoy your day bud. God bless.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Aloha Kenny,
Kenny glad to hear that you are doing well now and hope you continue to get to your Tops in health.
So you are sitting back and watching ......" Apocalypse Now ", well the movie expressed the
Vietnam War and a lot of it I must admit was like it was in that day.
As for That War Time .... well it was documented quite good for a lot of what was shown.
The ERA was a time that many did not want to take part in and many did for their Country.
Hope your watching time goes good and you keep enjoying your recovery also.

From a Vietnam Veteran that was there and of ... That Era I bid you a get well and speedy
recovery soon Sir.
Louis / Longbike

Pictures are of The Mekong River Delta and many little places that could be patrolled.

" The Gamewardens of Vietnam " also known as ..... " The Black Beret's Of Vietnam".
Mekong River Patrol PBR Forces - Task Force 116
( Website: Gamewardens TF-116 , tf-116.org.)

Attachments

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
KK Sir nothing like the Smell Of Napalm on a Sunday 😜😜👏🎥

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Aloha Kenny,
Hey Kenny, how did the movie turn out when you watched it... ????
Did you see anything that you noticed that needed more information about the
... Environment or where it had taken place or do you need to find out about more about the actual
... Vietnam Time Era about ... The River Patrol PBR Forces that were there ....??
If so let me know and I'll try to help you with it.
Aloha
Louis

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys I'm not astute enough to even express the emotions and feelings I got from watching this epic cinematic expose but I'll try. I have watched numerous documentaries about the Vietnam conflict and they do a great job of portraying the intense violence and the unthinkable human suffering that occurred with this war. But this film gave me a much deeper visceral sense of how it really was like for our brave men and women who served in the theater which was Southeast Asia.

My respect for you John and every single person who either lost their life or endured horrors that the average person living their sheltered lives in the States cannot begin to imagine much less participate in is without match.

I will comment on each post when time permits. I have to go have labs drawn this afternoon. I also would like to express my feelings on different parts of the film.

So for now, I leave you with this thought.

The horror, the horror.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great way to spend time indoors! I've watched the extended version way too many times. I was diving in the Philippines with my 6105 when the movie was being filmed but did not go to any of the locations. And I still have the handout booklet that the theaters were giving out for the first screenings here in the US. Good memories...

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great way to spend time indoors! I've watched the extended version way too many times. I was diving in the Philippines with my 6105 when the movie was being filmed but did not go to any of the locations. And I still have the handout booklet that the theaters were giving out for the first screenings here in the US. Good memories...
So you still have the booklet which h is cool, how about the 6105?

·
Registered
39 Posts

I've kept the booklet all these years in semi storage and will make sure that is holding up every few years. Or when I watch the DVD...

I unfortunately don't have the watch. I bought it from the ship's store of my first USN ship in 1976. It served me well for many years, even having to send it to Seiko in Carson, CA for service after I mistreated it while sanding the deck of John Wayne's yacht The Wild Goose. It got lost for a few months during the service. Eventually, I got it back but it never seemed to be the same and I kinda misplaced it a few years later.

But last year I bit the bullet and bought one made in March of '76, the same month I started dive lessons taught by Navy SEAL Bob Diecks and probably about the same time that I bought my original one.

So, thanks for asking and bringing back some great memories of yesteryear!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I had the pleasure off attending the 40th anniversary screening of the final cut, as part of the Tribeca Film Festival. There was also a lengthy interview with Coppolla, where he told a bunch of back stories and anecdotes. Some well known, some not so much...for instance, most of the back shots of Willard are of his brother, as the filming went on when Sheen was recovering from a heart attack.
It is one of my favorite movies and would have never dreamed that I would see it on a big screen again, let alone with Coppolla and Duval (who also made a brief appearance on stage)

Rob

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Aloha ,

As mentioned ........... NAPALM.

When actually seeing the effects on a Human Being or Animal one will finally be aware of just
what it does when it is on ..... The Body Flesh or Surrounding Environment.
It is a ... Very Aggressive Chemical .... to see as it slowly .... Melts Down The Skin and Flesh in a ...... Deadly Dissolving Melting Action.
When experiencing it in its .... Actions and Hearing The Victims Screaming and can not do any
thing about stopping its .... Continuing Penetrating Aggressive Actions, you fell like it is on
... You Own Flesh also.
One simply can not do any thing to help stop it ... Continually Ongoing Action. Actually watching the Flesh Dissolve right before you eyes is a very Horror-ful Experience. In War Time when this happens
and you are there in the presence of what is going on and you see ...... A Army Medic or Navy or
Marine Corpsman trying to work and help, but actually can not touch the Person to administer
any help.
Your thoughts are coming in and thinking about what you are seeing....... " You Wonder Just How
Some One could ever Develop such a ...... Deadly Chemical Then Spread It All Over The Place and
not see its effects ".
When the Commanded Order is given to go in and distribute ....The Chemical that is one of the
worst .... Commanded Order to be given.

Myself I actually just stood there and tried figure out just how to ....
" Carry a Individual without hurting them just to help them ".

Then now one of the most .... Touching and Un-Happy task one could do is
.... " Help Bury The Individual and watch Others Mourn over the whole experience ".
Yes Fighting Men and Women are very Tough but they also break down just watching it happen.

Just a few thoughts of what happened in .... " A War Like It Was ".
Louis ......... " A Vietnam Veteran that was Actually there and Experienced that there ".

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aloha ,

As mentioned ........... NAPALM.

When actually seeing the effects on a Human Being or Animal one will finally be aware of just
what it does when it is on ..... The Body Flesh or Surrounding Environment.
It is a ... Very Aggressive Chemical .... to see as it slowly .... Melts Down The Skin and Flesh in a ...... Deadly Dissolving Melting Action.
When experiencing it in its .... Actions and Hearing The Victims Screaming and can not do any
thing about stopping its .... Continuing Penetrating Aggressive Actions, you fell like it is on
... You Own Flesh also.
One simply can not do any thing to help stop it ... Continually Ongoing Action. Actually watching the Flesh Dissolve right before you eyes is a very Horror-ful Experience. In War Time when this happens
and you are there in the presence of what is going on and you see ...... A Army Medic or Navy or
Marine Corpsman trying to work and help, but actually can not touch the Person to administer
any help.
Your thoughts are coming in and thinking about what you are seeing....... " You Wonder Just How
Some One could ever Develop such a ...... Deadly Chemical Then Spread It All Over The Place and
not see its effects ".
When the Commanded Order is given to go in and distribute ....The Chemical that is one of the
worst .... Commanded Order to be given.

Myself I actually just stood there and tried figure out just how to ....
" Carry a Individual without hurting them just to help them ".

Then now one of the most .... Touching and Un-Happy task one could do is
.... " Help Bury The Individual and watch Others Mourn over the whole experience ".
Yes Fighting Men and Women are very Tough but they also break down just watching it happen.

Just a few thoughts of what happened in .... " A War Like It Was ".
Louis ......... " A Vietnam Veteran that was Actually there and Experienced that there ".
Gripping narrative Louis, thanks for sharing and for your service sir.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Aloha
Kenny ,
Yes that is how it was there and those that had the hardest part with it
were many civilians. Little Kids wee the hardest for many of use to see
that got caught with that. But also .... The Enemy suffered too but as many
saw all that .... They said That was the results .... Of A War.
Both sides suffered and it took a big toll on ...... Human Lives.
Many still have the effects today of the ... .. Deadly Chemical Horror.
Thank You Sir,
Louis

1 - 18 of 18 Posts