The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I am thinking of taking a small gamble on a Casio on ebay (no great amount of money) but thought that someone here might be able to shed some light on this fault who knows more than me about such things.
My instinct is to take a risk and buy this and probably get it going...however, my instinct already has about 4 faulty watches sitting in a box by the bed, that aint ever going to work no matter what I try.

What do you think?
Regards
Jem

Here is the sellers text..
"Bought it in NEW Condition, but since I did opened to replace battery and wear it for about 5 hours, it is listed as USED. You MAY be able to fix it. I am not an expert on watch, so I did give up.I bought 3 batteries out of Ebay (for $2 with s/h incluided), tried 1st one, nothing happen. Tried 2nd, I did follow the instructions about "Reseting" the watch (touched possitive side of the battery and AC contact with pliers), it did turn on and works fine, but for only 4 hours.Not sure if it is a problem with the batteries (cheap batteries, cheap quality = doesn't last enough) or is it a problem with the watch."

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless someone says 'I have had this problem,do not bother it is a dud, it's unfixable' I think I will take a go on this one.
Thanks
Jem

·
Registered
400 Posts
My experience with this LCD watches tells me that if it works, it works! If it doesn`t .... then you are out of luck! If the watch worked with the new (????) battery, even if for a few hours only, then the watch is fine. Spend the right amount of $$ for a GOOD battery, install it, reset the watch (if it needs to be reset) and you are most likely good to go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts