The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Higuchi has his famous steel watch holders back in stock, you all know and lov'em. Sadly he's selling them in packs of 5 for a hundred bucks. Anyone want to split a pack with me? I'm only interested in one or two.

Pic from someone elses site, can't recall who.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
That bent wire-thingee is IT? Wow, I'm in the wrong business...

I'm off to talk with my race-fabricator. We'll see what we can come up with in polished aluminum, perhaps.

Thanks for the marketing idea! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Marketing ideas are a dime a dozen. Bending, polishing, assembling the rubber thingees, SELLING, and making a few bucks is what it's about.

Let us know when you have yours for sale, preferably in single units and under $20. ;D

Walter

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. They're absolutely simple to make, and I have access to a machining shop, but frankly these look very well finished, have nice thick rubber covers and cost about 8$ more than it'd cost me to source the steel and the rubber. And given that they photograph a lot better than the bent junk I'd fabricate, I'm happy to pay three beers worth for them.

But hey, if you turn a profit on them, I'll be happy the thread gave you the idea!

·
Administrator
29,814 Posts
TheFastest said:
That bent wire-thingee is IT? Wow, I'm in the wrong business...

I'm off to talk with my race-fabricator. We'll see what we can come up with in polished aluminum, perhaps.

Thanks for the marketing idea! ;D ;D ;D
I will have 10 if you can do them for under $10 shipped to the UK !! ;)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
:D :D :D People are spending $20 a pop for the items pictured, so I should sell a comparable alternative for half that! We clearly didn't run the same businesses before retiring. ;D ;D ;D

·
Administrator
29,814 Posts
TheFastest said:
:D :D :D People are spending $20 a pop for the items pictured, so I should sell a comparable alternative for half that! We clearly didn't run the same businesses before retiring. ;D ;D ;D
Well it is what the Chinese manufacturers have done for some years and they seem to be doing quite well !! :)) :))

1 - 13 of 13 Posts