The Watch Site banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice mod. I'm trying to put the NH36 in a 7S26-0480 case. The old stem won't fit, so I'm looking for a crown. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
FWIW and just a tad off target, I have found the 4R36 (NH36) stem works great in a 7S26C. So when you drop a 4R36 into a previous 7S26 watch, and you have the old stem from the first watch that you cannibalized and the old 7S26C laying around surplus, they work together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is my NH36 mod. The case is 7S26-0480. I paid 15€ for the crown to my local watchmaker. My only compaint so far is that the day and date wheels are not aligned properly (as you can see the day is on the upper edge). Do you think I should request a partial refund from the seller on Aliexpress? I have a feeling that this piece didn't pass the factory quality test. How difficult would it be to align the paper wheels? I don't have any experience.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Here is my NH36 mod. The case is 7S26-0480. I paid 15€ for the crown to my local watchmaker. My only compaint so far is that the day and date wheels are not aligned properly (as you can see the day is on the upper edge). Do you think I should request a partial refund from the seller on Aliexpress? I have a feeling that this piece didn't pass the factory quality test. How difficult would it be to align the paper wheels? I don't have any experience.

Maybe this movement is for a stem at 3, hence why the calendars are not aligned when installed with a stem at 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,695 Posts

Nice work ;-)

Don't worry about the day / date not aligned. Seikos are often like this - especially the lower spec ones. It's not a factory fault - it's Seiko!!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts

I'm fairly sure that all of the NH36 movements that are currently available with English/Chinese day wheels are for 3 o'clock crown. The date wheel is the same for both but the day wheel needs to be swapped over to the original 4 o'clock crown 7s26 one to line up properly....

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I'm fairly sure that all of the NH36 movements that are currently available with English/Chinese day wheels are for 3 o'clock crown. The date wheel is the same for both but the day wheel needs to be swapped over to the original 4 o'clock crown 7s26 one to line up properly....
Having spent plenty of time looking for 4 o'clock ones I think you're right.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
FWIW I dropped a 6R15 into an SKX009.

Had to add a 4 oclock day wheel and new hour wheel

It was surprisingly easy to do One major shortcoming is I used the NE15C (=6R15C) and I lack the skills to stake in a post for the intermediate day wheel so my execution of the mod does not allow for day quick set feature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks very much for the info. The seller didn't specify whether it is 3 o'clock or 4 o'clock. The day is just a little bit off-center, so it doesn't bother me much. I think I will try the transplant in a few months when I gather up the courage. I read somewhere that only SKX day wheels are compatible with NH36. Does anyone know if there are any differences between 7s26 and SKX day wheels?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Thanks very much for the info. The seller didn't specify whether it is 3 o'clock or 4 o'clock. The day is just a little bit off-center, so it doesn't bother me much. I think I will try the transplant in a few months when I gather up the courage. I read somewhere that only SKX day wheels are compatible with NH36. Does anyone know if there are any differences between 7s26 and SKX day wheels?

How you can tell is when the movement was naked (new). Was the day date dead lined up perfectly with the stem? If yes then its a day date for stem at 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I already gathered up the courage and performed the transplantation of the 7s26 4'clock day wheel into NH36. :) It was not as difficult as I feared. The alignment with the NH36 mechanism is correct now. It looks great!

My next step is the disassembly and reassembly of an old 7009-3170 that I have had home for 20 years.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts