The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the lookout for a used, good running 7s26 movement and came across a NH36 that looks like it would work and includes hacking! Has anyone done this swap into a skx and if so was the crown position a problem in regards to date/ day syncing? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
well hello my friend...i am told this can be done...i think u need to change the crown...i am very interested in a nh36 myself for a upcoming project...great to see u back with us...God Bless,John

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes this can be done, if going into an skx case you would need to source an SARB059 crown as the stock 7s26 crown is not made to hack and hand wind.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Crowns from Ebay can be used as well for a fraction of the cost, with the stem provided with the new mov.t. These fit perfectly and are virtually identical to the original. Also, day ring and mov.t ring need to be swapped from the original mov.t.
All in all it's not something I recommed as DYI for an absolute beginner.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah my phone always replaces the r with a d. My next question is, does anyone have a source for the spacer other than eBay?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Have done it a few times? But if i remember correct the NH36 has a higher second hand then the 7S26? So there could be problems with second hand touching the crystal?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Not a skx, but I dropped one in a snzh55 and it was rather straight forward. However, I cut the supplied stem to match the length of the one from the original 7S36 movt and it came up short. Weird. Had to stop being lazy and actually measure on another stem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Sure I've seen this mod on YouTube but isn't this the one where the crown stem from the nh36 has to be cut down? See if I can find a vid but I've seen people fitting them in vids and the snip the stem down. Not sure quite how to do it though as only vids I've seen they just snip the stem down pretty willy nilly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sure I've seen this mod on YouTube but isn't this the one where the crown stem from the nh36 has to be cut down? See if I can find a vid but I've seen people fitting them in vids and the snip the stem down. Not sure quite how to do it though as only vids I've seen they just snip the stem down pretty willy nilly.

Honestly most anything I've done to a mod a watch has been Willy
Nilly so it sounds right up my alley.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've been on the lookout for a used, good running 7s26 movement and came across a NH36 that looks like it would work and includes hacking! Has anyone done this swap into a skx and if so was the crown position a problem in regards to date/ day syncing? Thanks!

i did on my build here:

http://www.thewatchsite.com/20-mod-restoration-reviews-how-i-modded-restored-my-watch/259769-sith-007-skx007-mod.html#post2044441

i replace the day wheel to keep it align perfectly as i use for skx007 dial in skx007 case

its pretty much a drop in regarding fitment :)
Though i use AM crown cerakoted not the gen SKX007 crown.
Then the home work is to perfectly cut and fit the new stem ;)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Have done it a few times? But if i remember correct the NH36 has a higher second hand then the 7S26? So there could be problems with second hand touching the crystal?
It doesn't touch the crystal, otherwise this swap would not be done as often it is. I recall a pityful knowitall on another forum which wanted so much that to be an issue in order to fuel his hate, poor w*nker.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cousins UK has them but currently out of stock. When you do he swap take the ring from the old movement so it's not a problem really.

The problem is I lost most of my parts a couple years ago so most of my extra bits are gone. I do think I have a skx around that isn't working so I'll prob use that spacer if I can't find any others.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i did on my build here:

http://www.thewatchsite.com/20-mod-restoration-reviews-how-i-modded-restored-my-watch/259769-sith-007-skx007-mod.html#post2044441

i replace the day wheel to keep it align perfectly as i use for skx007 dial in skx007 case

its pretty much a drop in regarding fitment :)
Though i use AM crown cerakoted not the gen SKX007 crown.
Then the home work is to perfectly cut and fit the new stem ;)

Cutting a stem is going to be a new one for me. I've got a couple I can practice on though if need be.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts