The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
From your posting, I got on the Bay and just put "watches highest plus shipping to lowest" and found this one: New Men's Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon Watch. Now, I think this must be a magical watch or something...it goes for USD $495,000, down from $695,000. Had never seen a discount of $200,000...what a deal!!! I wonder if it pays property tax just like a house?

I don't know but after wanting to buy it, I saw that my paypal acct does not have that much. So...well I will wait till it gets cheaper.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
vision1994 said:
When I first noticed this on ebay I couldn't believe how nice it was. It went for a nice chunk of change. Hope someone here got it.

Vision1994

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290523366960&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
It seems that watch had some work done and the seller was not honest about disclosing it. The case has been re-done (even if fairly well. The caseback has been redone (badly), and the crystal is an aftermarket replacement. The seller feigns ignorance about where he found it or where it was (saying it might have been in a drawer), but has enough knowledge to call it a pogue (even if incorrectly) and report his wrist size in the manner a collector would. It sounds to me that the seller knew exactly what he had and feigned a bit of ignorance in order to get as much for it as possible. nice watch and nicely restored. I don't know that the price is worth $500+, but it is a nice piece.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
vision1994 said:
Good catch Isthmus! Is the crystal fake due to the height?

Vision1994
Not fake, aftermarket. The way it sticks out above the bezel is the give away. My guess is that it is one of the Kreuz crystals sold by Borel. they are made to spec, but always end up sitting too high. They are very inexpensive though. Swedefreak's crystals are a true 1:1 reproduction of the originals and fit properly (ie. they don't stick out like that).

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Isthmus said:
Not fake, aftermarket. The way it sticks out above the bezel is the give away. My guess is that it is one of the Kreuz crystals sold by Borel. they are made to spec, but always end up sitting too high. They are very inexpensive though. Swedefreak's crystals are a true 1:1 reproduction of the originals and fit properly (ie. they don't stick out like that).
The crystal most likely is a SternKeuz but the case and back are original. The case lines are just fine and if you look carefully at the back, it has remnants of the "blue goo".

With this and everything else said, $510 is a bit much for one of these in today's market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts