The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking hard at this model. Something about the symmetry of the dial with the day and date at 12 and 6 and the oversized numbers at 3 and 9. Looks a lot better in real life pictures...the bacelet and dial texture in particular.

The only miss IMHO is really the name...Scuba as it is only rated to 100M. In this day and age people just expect something named Scuba to go deeper. I wouldn't really consider it a diver anyway and more of a field watch with a timing bezel.

So anyone have first hand experience with either the watch or the movement? I believe it has an ETA 2834.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ezcheese said:
That's a fairly decent looking day-date, but it doesn't get my motor purring.

As far as the movement goes, I had a Damasko DA36 with the ETA 2836. Fantastic movement. 8)
I remember your Damasko as it fit what I am looking for...sporty style, black dial, full set of numbers, ETA. The dial on this Hamilton is a little busy, but I can live with it and the timing bezel is not a requirement. It was just a little out of budget. Trying to keep it under $500.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I think it looks really good, but the 100 m depth rating hurts a lot :-[ . Most here are not divers (I know I'm not) but a modern dive watch with a rating of only 100 m makes it look not-serious.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jbdan said:
What ya think John are ya almost there!
My WANT is still there.

My WALLET is not there yet. After my last major purchase, my piggy bank was empty and nothing in the watch box I am willing to sell.

·
Registered
233 Posts
nhoJ said:
My WANT is still there.

My WALLET is not there yet. After my last major purchase, my piggy bank was empty and nothing in the watch box I am willing to sell.
heh the wallet is a key ingredient. Good the lust is still there this might be a keeper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts