The Watch Site banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Special Member
2,866 Posts
Hey guys,

I don't hate Rolex, I hate their prices. Never hated the sub, love the design but I look at so many watches out there that still copy that original design and it's gotten so old for me now. Even if I had the cash for a new sub, I'd probably get a Tudor Pelagos just because it looks different on the hands/dial.

Some of the Japanese versions at least tried to make them a bit different, but ultimately it's just getting so old. I hope to see the trends change one day. Citizen is trying to move away from the sub dial I've noticed in the past few years now.
I wouldn't buy the pelogas over a tudor 7016, 7021, 9411 or 94110 for roughly the same coin, give or take. to answer your question, nope, love diver dials and their variants. wearing my Kermit as I type this reply, in fact =)

<* shark >>><

· Special Member
2,866 Posts
Iconic design, can never be outdated. It's legendary and that is why many divers have a similar design to it. Not saying you have own one because they are very expensive but if your a diver enthusiast you can't deny the history, heritage and beauty of the submariner.

I'm not a big fan of the modern examples as I always prefer vintage but they still are the best design available for a diver IMO

frogman,

you own those red 1680s and DRSD etc? if so, veryyyyy nice. is that a 9411 or 7021? been looking for a nice one foreverrrrrr...

<* shark >>><

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.