The Watch Site banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
First Lady
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For probably the 4th or fifth time, I had been expecting a watch related delivery, and thought the tracking info, showing it delivered on a certain day, was in error. I did not have the package. I ordered the bracelet in my WRUW pic, today, to replace the one on the stolen Alpinist from last Summer. After ordering it in late June, I forgot about it. About a week ago, I thought, “I never got that bracelet!” I checked tracking, which said it was delivered on July 8th. Something made me check my property yesterday, and it had been thrown behind my mailbox, in the bushes, not in plain sight, at all. So it sat there for a whole month. There have been several other instances, where tracking said I wasn’t home, no notice was left, and I had to retrieve it at a pack and ship office. At least 2 other times, packages were thrown in the bushes right inside my property line, again, not in plain sight. I had to search for them. We have a 150 foot driveway, so the driver did not want to stop. I’m fairly certain most of the time it was FedEx doing this stuff, though the “not home” incident was DHL. Is “The Covid Excuse” making drivers lazy? This is not acceptable. I yearn for the days when I actually had to sign for my packages.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
4,027 Posts
During Covid we put out a container outside our front door with water and snacks for the delivery drivers with a sign to take whatever they wanted. We made a point of trying to get to know as many as we could (we order a lot of things). All of this helps, but we also live in a neighborhood which makes this a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Poet Laureate
1,332 Posts
DHL is just plain terrible at tracking. You can tell they haven't made the necessary investment in IT infrastructure to do it properly. The others I have no complaint with.

·
Craftsman
2,422 Posts
Kat - If this were not true, it would be pretty funny. I have received packages for houses two blocks away from me. I have had packages thrown in my car port down a basement stair well to be discovered a week later. In the bushes is a new one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There's been a strong uptick in USPS delivery issues for me since the pandemic started, but I've gotten all of my FedEx and UPS shipments without issue actually. The only snags I've hit with FedEx are customs related as I import from Japan quite frequently. I really don't like going with DHL though, as they don't directly service my area, and pass everything off to the post office...

·
Craftsman
4,285 Posts
I generally track all incoming packages. USPS service has been less then desired in my area. Most of our seasoned rural delivery postal women have retired and have been replaced by young, wet behind the ears, postal boys + girls who don't know the meaning of Service.

I had been tracking a package that was "out for delivery" when I saw the girl pass by my box. I chased her down to find out about my package. I caught her a few stops down the road and asked about my package. She told me she didn't have it and just because it says "out for delivery" doesn't mean I'm getting it today!

Another time I was tracking another package that was out for delivery and as she was pulling away from my box, not having left a package, I called out to her to wait. When I got out to the road and asked about my package she first told me she didn't have anything until she looked down in her vehicle and saw that she did have a package. Whoops, sorry about that.

On a regular basis we don't even get mail delivered daily. Because of this "Stellar Service" I won't even mail anything out from my business location. I'll either mail it from home, which uses a different post office, or drive to this other post office.

UPS is usually spot on and FedEx is hit + miss.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I live at the end of the route for USPS. So if something is out for delivery it may or may not make it that day. I think it depends on how behind the postal carrier is. We used to get a lot of mail on Monday, now we rarely get anything on Monday. Tuesday is the new Monday because of manning they aren't get all the mail out on Monday.

·
Special Member
2,754 Posts
Even BEFORE the pandemic, I would track a package and see that it was "DELIVERED." What? To whom? When?! When I asked the carrier, he said, "OH, sometimes we mark that in anticipation that we'll get to you, but sometimes we don't when our load is too big that day?" Huh?

That's all fine and dandy when it is a book for the son's advanced geometry class, but not when it is dad's $1,000+ valued package!

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have to admit that we've been having pretty good luck with deliveries - I think it helps that we live in the suburbs about 10 minutes from the local international airport / shipping hubs / Amazon warehouse.

Our Post Office used to be the hot mess of the bunch, but even it has improved in recent years. Occasionally the Amazon people will claim that "our office" (it's a house...) is closed for the day when they run out of time on their routes but just about everything has shown up the next day when that happens.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ordered an Uncle Seiko strap and it's MIA. It was scanned as out for delivery a few days ago, but it was never scanned as delivered. Called my post office, and the package is just gone, dunno what happened to it. Absolutely wonderful. Probably going to have to file a claim to get anywhere.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts