The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am moving forward on my SKA 371 /Doxa Mod and i need to replace a damaged crystal and this one has me stumped...it looks different that any others i have fooled with so far...the only thing even close is a H601 Arnie i had...i never changed the crystal on it...from what i can tell the crystal is just pressed fit in and it must have a nylon seal retaining it?...i see no crystal retaining ring like the 6309's or a screw down ring like the 7c43's.....any help will so be appreciated...new crystal is on the way and i want this ready to go when it gets here...any has anyone tried a 6309 chapter ring in these too?...i would love to know if i can get rid of that original chapter ring as well....God Bless and thanks in advance,John

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
What's the code on the back of the watch inside the box (A0, A4, etc)? Noah once pointed out to me that this code is related to the case construction and provides all you'd need to know about crystal retention. If it's A0 (like an SKX) then it just presses out the front. Let me know what the code is and I can dig up the manual that has the reference

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's just a press-fit job and slides right into a black gasket. You don't have to remove the bezel. The glass P/N is:290PB2HN02
and it's a thick glass too.

Good luck to you and the watch project.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thank u both for the great info...now i need to find a good press...God Bless and appreciate all the help...i can not wait to get started on this one...John
code is A0

1 - 4 of 4 Posts