The Watch Site banner

Anyone dealt with Antique watch bar?

9K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  enicar.racine 
#1 ·
Hello,

This is my first post on the forum. And glad to be a part of it.

Has anyone worked with Antique watch bar before. He mostly sells Seikos, seems to be based out of Japan.
Very polite gentleman. And has some fine timepieces.

Any feedback on transaction with him is highly appreciated

Thanks
Nik

#6 ·
keep away from kinron in Japan as he's watches are total rubbish and he just lies through his teeth. Also chume in USA sells total rubbish and in the UK beejoo4 sells watches for heaps of money made up out of aftermarket bits and he goes by another name too reejoo I think or similar.

#15 · (Edited)
There are ways around neg feedbacks. I think he's secret is he always gets the watches serviced for max reliability. If it doesn't go wrong nobody moans. There are a few guys on here that have brought his watches and then realised they were lash up's later. Put it this way. I brought this:

Which 'was' NOS as you can see by the little clear Seiko branded bag the watch is sitting on for less money than his watches make which are lash up's made from aftermarket parts. In other area's his listings would be nothing short of fraud as he only normally claims the strap is a new replacement. This is normally because it's hard to reproduce the correct bracelet 100%. I don't mind when I see a listing where folk say aftermarket dial but he doesn't. That is just not fair when your watches are getting top money.

Let me add this. When I started looking I nearly brought a watch from beejooped. Lucky for me Tom Hickman aka Thickman808 listed a lovely 6138-3002 which I brought. Tom then wised me up. I dodged the bullet as the old saying goes. I would have been absolutely gutted if I had found out afterwards I had brought a lashed up watch. I'm not a rich guy. I just don't know when to stop buying watches. There is a difference! :)

#12 ·
I brought a 60's watch from him in the past month. Listing made it sound like it was superb but reality....

He said crystal perfect - reality was crystal cracked and crazed all over. Must have photoshoped it for the photos.

He said dial perfect - reality was dial stained and flaking and was photoshoped for advert.

He said movement perfect - reality was winding stem just pulls out and was incorrect. Watch runs for a few seconds and stops. Also hands dropped off when I shook it for the auto wind. Auto wind rotor bearings knackered as rotor hits sides and locks up.

I couldn't even return it as kinron does not reply to messages. I'd paid £25GBP custom duties already and postage back to Japan wasn't cheap. I asked for a refund and he offered $25USD which is £15GBP which I accepted as it's better than nothing. It ended up costing me £60GBP for a watch that's only fit for scrap and spare parts.

#8 ·
Wow.

Guys thanks for the welcome.

And the feedback. Appreciate that.

I am looking for a vintage manual wind grand seiko/ king seiko in an original condition. I have been reading up on them for quite some time and they really are all function, awesome looking timepieces. My hearts been ticking for one over them Swiss for a while now. I think I am ready to commit myself to one.

I will look up saitama_jp on eBay. Any other references are welcome. I just want a smooth transaction without the stress of worrying about fake, Franken or duplicate watches.

You guys are awesome. Thanks again.

#19 ·
There seem to be some sellers on this forum who sell watches. However, i am not able to see any feedback from buyers. when i asked them, they dont have any. some of them are senior members on this forum....not sure if i can name anyone, and prefer not to...

My question is if the member is a senior member, then does it mean he's reliable and honest.

please advise.

#26 ·
My Brothers,

as luck would have it...Seiya had recommended a website for authentic vintage GS/KS.

they have 2 on offer at the moment. both 35mm
1. a 45GS from 1970 for $1000 in slim tonneau shape case, claimed to be rare model.
2. a 45KS from 1970 for $1225 a REAL CHRONOMETER , in a sligthly fatter tonneau shape case. this is not the ugly disc shaped case.

the 2. is in a better condition than the 1. let me know your honest opinion guys. i aint too kicked about the chronometer rating. i really dont care if a watch is within COSC specs. i just like the smooth sweep of the hi beat and they both seem to have it. also, i intend to use them for daily use as they are vey subtle and chances are most people wont even know whats so great about them. and i like my watches just like that...

my question is
1. Can i get one for cheaper.( condition being a big factor).
2. is this a decent movement. i would like to own the 36000 hi beat in manual.

thanks.

#28 ·
That is really good to read! I've seen a lot out of the Philippines but in their defense most of the time they tell you about the aftermarket parts. Theres some Beejoo4 type guys in the USA also to be aware of. Can't remember their names but the same guys show up time and time again. Just not fair playing on folks lack of knowledge. I still make mistakes that Tom Hickman puts me straight on :)

#30 ·
Good old (young) Tom! I actually still buy my watches from Tom that are of any value. My 62mas came from Tom. I just brought a 6105-8110 this week off Tom too which I was keeping secret but hey ho guys like Tom need to be promoted as without them guys like Beejoo4 would be ripping us off left right and center!

#31 ·
In reference to OP, I bought a few seikos and citizens from Antique watch bar and have not been disappointed so far. He posts many pictures, many of them close ups so that we get to see the condition. I may add that his watches have consistently been of quality. Always a pleasure to deal with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.