The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first post on the forum. And glad to be a part of it.

Has anyone worked with Antique watch bar before. He mostly sells Seikos, seems to be based out of Japan.
Very polite gentleman. And has some fine timepieces.

Any feedback on transaction with him is highly appreciated

Thanks
Nik

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Welcome.

Not dealt with that Japanese seller before. Saitama_jp is the one for me !

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
keep away from kinron in Japan as he's watches are total rubbish and he just lies through his teeth. Also chume in USA sells total rubbish and in the UK beejoo4 sells watches for heaps of money made up out of aftermarket bits and he goes by another name too reejoo I think or similar.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thanks for the warning, clockbloke! I have(had) kinron as favorite seller to watch for his stuff! What happened with your business with hhim?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow.

Guys thanks for the welcome.

And the feedback. Appreciate that.

I am looking for a vintage manual wind grand seiko/ king seiko in an original condition. I have been reading up on them for quite some time and they really are all function, awesome looking timepieces. My hearts been ticking for one over them Swiss for a while now. I think I am ready to commit myself to one.

I will look up saitama_jp on eBay. Any other references are welcome. I just want a smooth transaction without the stress of worrying about fake, Franken or duplicate watches.

You guys are awesome. Thanks again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome!

I bought my King Seiko from "happyhappy9877" on eBay without any problems, but do keep your eyes on the bidding prices as some pristine pieces can get expensive. I have my KS on Staib mesh and it looks fantastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOAH....u just made me more hungry

thats exactly what i am looking for... a time only manual...

something about these pieces of art...Fantastique

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
No issues with him .... nice watches with decent prices :) Hope you enjoy your stay with this forum !! :welcome:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Thanks for the warning, clockbloke! I have(had) kinron as favorite seller to watch for his stuff! What happened with your business with hhim?
I brought a 60's watch from him in the past month. Listing made it sound like it was superb but reality....

He said crystal perfect - reality was crystal cracked and crazed all over. Must have photoshoped it for the photos.

He said dial perfect - reality was dial stained and flaking and was photoshoped for advert.

He said movement perfect - reality was winding stem just pulls out and was incorrect. Watch runs for a few seconds and stops. Also hands dropped off when I shook it for the auto wind. Auto wind rotor bearings knackered as rotor hits sides and locks up.

I couldn't even return it as kinron does not reply to messages. I'd paid £25GBP custom duties already and postage back to Japan wasn't cheap. I asked for a refund and he offered $25USD which is £15GBP which I accepted as it's better than nothing. It ended up costing me £60GBP for a watch that's only fit for scrap and spare parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I brought a 60's watch from him in the past month. Listing made it sound like it was superb but reality....

He said crystal perfect - reality was crystal cracked and crazed all over. Must have photoshoped it for the photos.

He said dial perfect - reality was dial stained and flaking and was photoshoped for advert.

He said movement perfect - reality was winding stem just pulls out and was incorrect. Watch runs for a few seconds and stops. Also hands dropped off when I shook it for the auto wind. Auto wind rotor bearings knackered as rotor hits sides and locks up.

I couldn't even return it as kinron does not reply to messages. I'd paid £25GBP custom duties already and postage back to Japan wasn't cheap. I asked for a refund and he offered $25USD which is £15GBP which I accepted as it's better than nothing. It ended up costing me £60GBP for a watch that's only fit for scrap and spare parts.

that is pure EVIL...and thats exactly what i am afraid of. but thanks for the headsup...

·
Registered
171 Posts
keep away from kinron in Japan as he's watches are total rubbish and he just lies through his teeth. Also chume in USA sells total rubbish and in the UK beejoo4 sells watches for heaps of money made up out of aftermarket bits and he goes by another name too reejoo I think or similar.
Just looking at beejoo4, serious overuse of the word rare, that allways puts me off. Mind you the punters seem happy.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Just looking at beejoo4, serious overuse of the word rare, that allways puts me off. Mind you the punters seem happy.
There are ways around neg feedbacks. I think he's secret is he always gets the watches serviced for max reliability. If it doesn't go wrong nobody moans. There are a few guys on here that have brought his watches and then realised they were lash up's later. Put it this way. I brought this:

Which 'was' NOS as you can see by the little clear Seiko branded bag the watch is sitting on for less money than his watches make which are lash up's made from aftermarket parts. In other area's his listings would be nothing short of fraud as he only normally claims the strap is a new replacement. This is normally because it's hard to reproduce the correct bracelet 100%. I don't mind when I see a listing where folk say aftermarket dial but he doesn't. That is just not fair when your watches are getting top money.

Let me add this. When I started looking I nearly brought a watch from beejooped. Lucky for me Tom Hickman aka Thickman808 listed a lovely 6138-3002 which I brought. Tom then wised me up. I dodged the bullet as the old saying goes. I would have been absolutely gutted if I had found out afterwards I had brought a lashed up watch. I'm not a rich guy. I just don't know when to stop buying watches. There is a difference! :)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I'm not a rich guy. I just don't know when to stop buying watches.

That's me, that is !:grin:

I bought a Frankenbell from Bejoo and left him neutral feedback. He phoned me up and BEGGED me to change it. I did but it cost him £20 !:)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Frankenbell
lol @ Frankenbell name.

It is such a shame folk can not be honest. I find this all the time with old fusee clocks. 99.9% are marriages made from various clocks or fakes. Makes me sick! I offer full money back, my car, my motorcycle and my services as a butler for a year if my clocks are not what I say they are. The guys that make big money in my game are the ones who sell the fakes. Says it all really! My business is going to the wall and theirs are getting stronger. This year I have only found 5 genuine clocks to buy. I've inspected 100's. Once again that says it all. This is why guys like beejooped do what they do. It doesn't pay to be honest! Such a shame :(

Oh and just for you Dani does this look like a familar name? This is hanging in my living room as I type and is my personal bad boy :)

Made by J.W himself c1880. Oh and J.W's granddaughter lives across the street from me. She is about 1 million years old.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There seem to be some sellers on this forum who sell watches. However, i am not able to see any feedback from buyers. when i asked them, they dont have any. some of them are senior members on this forum....not sure if i can name anyone, and prefer not to...

My question is if the member is a senior member, then does it mean he's reliable and honest.

please advise.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts