The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Special Member
7,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a mass email from some watch site for this new product.

No affiliation whatsoever, heck I don't even own a suitable candidate on which to try.

http://kontrol4.wix.com/dragonshroud-mods
They bill this as "the world's first click on shroud for the 7002 & 7s26 Seiko Diver watches! A patented snap-on fastening system makes for the most affordable "Tuna" type shroud in the world! Patented composite resin with salt water resistence as well as UV proctected material."

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
But for the money if you just want something to protect or a look-a-like pretty good imo.
Exactly. I saw these on ebay a couple of days ago as well, and read the bit about patents and lawyers, etc, etc.

But, for what they are, and what they cost, they will probably do really well as there IS a market for them - you only have to look at how many 7002 "mods" they sell to see that there are many people looking to buy a "Seiko diver".

WT

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It looks to be well made and designed, but in doing so, it seems like they had to make it a bit too bulky. It looks good, just too thick for my taste.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I was hoping that they did one that would fit my 7s26-031 but sadly they only do them for the 007/9 with the 4 o'clock crown position, not the 3 o'clock on the 031 :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts