The Watch Site banner

Anybody Here Beaten Up Their SKX007 (or any of the other variants)?

8K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Jim C 
#1 ·
So I've owned my brand new SKX007 for about a couple of weeks, and naturally it's still basically pristine.

I keep seeing all of the vintage diver threads where people show off their beat up divers, and it piqued my interest. Now that the SKX007 has been out this long, surely a lot of you guys have some wear and tear on yours.

Anyone care to share pics?

#2 ·
ive had mine for over 2 years now. wear it about 90% of the time compaired to my other watches. it has light surface scatches and only a couple of little dings in the insert plus the lume pip is cracked. i think the lume pip crached when it got a bit wet one winter at -20c.

they are realy great watches and once they are broken in keep good time. mine only gains about 3 minutes over about 2 month period, which is good enough for me.

enjoy your modern classic.

#3 ·
I'm still working on beating mine up. The SKX009 was my first Seiko watch purchase late last year and I have worn it every day for 7 months. I own my own business and work with the construction trades, I also wear my watch to work every day. Iv'e knocked it around a fair bit and have no real wear to show for it, it still looks very good - glad I picked it for my work watch. I'll report back after I beat it up real good!

Curt

#6 ·
additionan to my post above.
i must must have been tempting fate writing on this thread. as my 007k's Z22 rubber strap just snapped on me today. but the plus side it happened in the house and not when i could have been out on my mountain bike.
so now the workhourse gets put back in the box untill i get the new strap.

#7 ·
I don't understand watches that get beaten up. I wear my watches regularly. Trust me, I don't baby them., yet by and large, my watches look pretty darn good. The only thing I try not to do is wear watches with finished that are easily damaged (such as expensive watches with blasted finishes) without long sleeves; or wear dreseier pieces for obvious activities that could get them damaged. For example, If I'm going to work on an engine, I wear an Ironman. even with that, my sports watches are in pretty clean condition. I sometimes see some older watches and can't help but wonder what it is that folks have don to them to get them in that condition.

#8 ·
iwaddell said:
additionan to my post above.
i must must have been tempting fate writing on this thread. as my 007k's Z22 rubber strap just snapped on me today. but the plus side it happened in the house and not when i could have been out on my mountain bike.
so now the workhourse gets put back in the box untill i get the new strap.
Wow, 2 years seems pretty quick to break a Z22!

#9 ·
Ted said:
Wow, 2 years seems pretty quick to break a Z22!
looked out the shipping slip for the watch and it turns out ive had it for 3 & half years. where has the time gone???
ordered two replacements from chronograph.com so wont be long till its back in service. so now the 6309-7040 is my daily wearer. might try and pick up a g-shock when i transfer to my connecting flight at Schiphol next month.

#11 ·
Peahi said:
My watches are holding up pretty well....ironically my most scuffed up seiko is my MM300 (b/c I wear it the most I guess).

Anyhows, I posted these pics on WUS..not a 007, but good to see anyways.

Is that a SKX173 with the rubbed off bezel? Never seen one like that before.

Just curious. What's our beloved airdale Admiral doing in diving gear?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.