The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled over these while looking for something else.

Looks ok to me, but just wondered if anyone here has first hand experience of wearing one?

Pic is from the Amazon US site

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Hi jem

I had a momentum M1 (i think that was the model) diver pass through my hands a while back, seemed like a well enough made watch and the only reason i let it go was it was a bit on the small side for me.

I quite like the one in your pic - whats the price?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi jem

I had a momentum M1 (i think that was the model) diver pass through my hands a while back, seemed like a well enough made watch and the only reason i let it go was it was a bit on the small side for me.

I quite like the one in your pic - whats the price?
That partic one is $206 + free shipping in US.

I don't think I'd go for that unless I could get one on my wrist first to see how it wears.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Momentum is made by this Vancouver, Canada company. I bought one of their titanium digitals way back in the early 1990s. A good product, they design their watches and used to farm out assembly in Japan (back then). Straps could come from Italy. etc etc.
http://www.momentumwatch.com/

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Here is my St Moritz Aquamatic. I've had it for about 10yrs and I've been happy with it. St Moritz was the original name of company and they changed to Momentum sometime in the first decade of the 2000s. Not a fair comparison, rather just a bit more information.

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have an earlier version of that watch. Sapphire. I intentionally popped off the cyclops. Great battery life like 8 years if I remember correctly. Bezel bugs me. The insert and bezel fit is oddly such that you get a weird sharp edge meeting your finger tips when you turn it. Beyond that no complaints. Like that dial better than mine.

If you can get a good deal it is a tank of a watch. Would be a great summer travel watch.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
That partic one is $206 + free shipping in US.

I don't think I'd go for that unless I could get one on my wrist first to see how it wears.

It's no bargain at that price, skx007s are going for less and I'd much rather have one of those!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I let my 007 go. Regret it now. Is the best price Yobokies still?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Momentum I like it a lot tbh
I like the look of that. Strangely it looks rather similar to the limited edition Seiko that is a few posts up from this, where someone asks for an identification...

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I let my 007 go. Regret it now. Is the best price Yobokies still?

No idea to be honest, I'd have a look on the bay for a used one in good nick, likely to get one for 100 quid or less

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
"The Prospector"
4,584 Posts
I believe that they call it 'The Square one' and despite its size it doesn't wear big, as I only have a 6.5" wristand it looks okay on me.
I like the look of that. Strangely it looks rather similar to the limited edition Seiko that is a few posts up from this, where someone asks for an identification...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is my St Moritz Aquamatic. I've had it for about 10yrs and I've been happy with it. St Moritz was the original name of company and they changed to Momentum sometime in the first decade of the 2000s. Not a fair comparison, rather just a bit more information.
Such a GREAT looking piece. I like it lot!! I may need to search high and low for that same one.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just been browsing a few more of theirs and I also like the Citizen Pro Master 'looky likey' called the Atlas series.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts