The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an old post where I man had this 18k 7t32-968j and the post told the man that this number was not corrrect. while here it is on my watch that I bought @ 2000 at a seiko factory store and retail price on the box was 1295.00. I was told that it was rare and the inlay was sold 18k. any thoughts on this watch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw an old post where I man had this 18k 7t32-968j and the post told the man that this number was not corrrect. while here it is on my watch that I bought @ 2000 at a seiko factory store and retail price on the box was 1295.00. I was told that it was rare and the inlay was sold 18k. any thoughts on this watch?
I have one I bought back in 2000 it was priced at about $1800. It was before they discontinued the 18k gold series due to cost and not alot of people purchasing. Still got the box and all.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I have one I bought back in 2000 it was priced at about $1800. It was before they discontinued the 18k gold series due to cost and not alot of people purchasing. Still got the box and all.
The font on the caseback along with the lack of a serial number and the grammar of the wording look suspect.

The dial looks legit but my guess is that it did not leave a Seiko factory like that.

And "gold cover" sure sounds like tricky way of saying " gold plated or capped"

·
Registered
4 Posts
The font on the caseback along with the lack of a serial number and the grammar of the wording look suspect.

The dial looks legit but my guess is that it did not leave a Seiko factory like that.

It definitely left the factory that way. I am the original owner purchased directly from seiko. Still have the box and tags etc. 18k cover means gold filled according to my jeweler who currently has it for servicing. As far as serial I believe it's on the bottom under the link that is covering the area on the case back so it's not visible.

·
Registered
4 Posts

It definitely left the factory that way. I am the original owner purchased directly from seiko. Still have the box and tags etc. 18k cover means gold filled according to my jeweler who currently has it for servicing. As far as serial I believe it's on the bottom under the link that is covering the area on the case back so it's not visible.
I have my jeweler validating the 18k, he will test it tomorrow and will let me know and I can post an update.
He just messaged me, the 18k on this watch is 18k not plated or filled capped etc

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
18 K gold

I too, have this watch. Service center has now screwed it up after $377 rebuild. Wonder how much the gold weighs and what is it worth?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts