The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, any info like some service prices and or experiences? I want to ship a watch over there for a few things and I'm wondering about cost and all...

Any input is appreciated

Thanks,

Jéjé

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Horrendous IMO. I sent them a watch once for a repair. Many weeks and $120 later I got it back in the exact same condition. A local watch repair ended up fixing it.
Another time I called and asked if they could clean and service an older model. They said no. I called Seiko Japan and asked them, they said Seiko Canada should be able to do it and had them call me. All of a sudden they could do it. I went to my local guy again instead and I'm happy.
Long story short, I would avoid them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
He Jeje,
I took an skx to Odyssey...it was running a little fast. They regulated it under the warranty, and the watch ran +15 secs which is good for an SKX.
Had the watch back within a week although I dropped it off annd picked it up.
Most of the employees are chinese and don't speak english very well, and may seem a little abrupt, but
otherwise I can't complain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Salut JéJé,

I sent my father's beat up 7009 from 1977 to Odyssey for complete movement overhaul a couple years ago. No case work, just movement service. Came back running perfectly. Cost back then: 85CAD plus shipping.

I suspect they have junior and senior people over there; if you're lucky, you'll get a senior watchmaker with more experience.

Since you're in Montréal, I would at least call l'horlogerie Franco-Suisse at 98 Ste-Catherine Est first -- (514) 393-8999; although they mostly service swiss stuff, they likely will take any mechanical.

Good luck,

-xiv

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! and thank you
quatorze for the info. I've got an appointment downtown next week and I'll stop by to check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts