The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to purchase a Seiko Prospex Marinemaster SBDX001 and I found this site RookJapan.com that’s offering it for $1,768.69 and there’s no import tax. So far, this is the best price on the internet (by about $400 dolars) but I’m going to wait until Black Friday rolls around to see if the price drops even more. If anyone has any advice whatsoever regarding The Seiko SBDX001, oversees purchasing or RookJapan.com I’d like to hear your input. I was considering spending the extra money and going through an established supplier like Amazon.com, but $400 dollars is a significant savings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How's your marketing job at rookjapan.com going?

You realise that Black Friday is not an international sales day, right?
Wow, you got me dude. I’m so embarrassed. Obviously, it was foolish of me to try and deceive an intellectual colossus such as yourself. Yes, I own the site. In fact, truth be told; I own the internet as well. As to your pointless and blatantly “self-aggrandizing” question regarding Black Friday; no I didn’t think it was an international holiday. But isn’t it kooky how so many websites (regardless of corporate location) advertise for it anyway? I’m not sure how (possibly witchcraft) but the internet (which I own) magically crosses all borders and time zones. And “smart businesses” look to target major holiday events; even one’s not celebrated in their own country. I know it’s crazy, right?
For everyone who’s not this guy, I really appreciate the advice. This is a big investment for me and I want to avoid any possible pitfalls related to buying from a potentially unreliable site. I’d also like to hear from anyone who owns this particular model to find out how it wears. I know it’s heavier and thicker than most dive watches, so I’d like to hear about comfort, fit, servicing etc.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I really appreciate the advice. This is a big investment for me and I want to avoid any possible pitfalls related to buying from a potentially unreliable site.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and take your question seriously: you want solid advice as in "no chance of going wrong" rock hard?

Then your answer is this: www.higuchi-inc.com

Talk to Katsu Higuchi, the owner of the website, which by the way is a brick and mortar store with more than 10 years of solid reputation selling to western JDM watch crazees like a lot of the guys in here, in a time when there wasn't Rakuten sellers around and other choices.

Stick to the tried and true sellers that are friends of ours, with a proven record of many many satisfied customers around the globe.

And no, this is not a sales pitch and no, I have no stake in the company, nor affiliate, nor a partner, not even an employee of the webstore. And yes, I still have to pay for each and every watch I happen to purchase from them, to this day.

This is just a free, friendly advice of a very grateful and happy customer from Katsu-san.

I don't have any experience with this rookjapan.com store, but I tend to prefer paying $100 or $200 more in exchange to actually know from whom I'm buying an expensive watch and also having confidence in him as a seller, due to its proven track record and also past experiences. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.