The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THe reason i asked is that my Citizen JV0030-19F Eco-Drive Aqualand diver has developed a few issues...the very first being that the charge indicator needle does not go past the dot at 9 no matter how long I have left it out in FULL SUN for 2 days...all the functions work perfectly ( except for the dive functions and I have no way of trying those out for a while )..
It did show the charge needle above the 9 dot ( needed to see some sunlight ) when I first opened it up about 2 months ago but all the charging I tried has not moved that needle into the "sausage" that is on the dial from 8 to 9 indicating a good charge..
So if anyone her can offer an idea as to the problem I would appreciate it...this watch has already gone to Citizen in California before as a brand new watch ( 2 years ago ) and had the movement replaced, so I wonder what has happened...
Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
931 Posts
Eco-Drive charge meter

Howzit , I have 3 Eco-Drives , 1 does not have a charge meter ,but my Blue Angels A-T and my perpetual calendar, attachment , do have a meter . The Blue Angels one seem to work the best showing the power reserve , but the perpetual never went to 100% since I had the watch...about 9 months .
At first it bothered me but I have never had any charge problems with any of them .I store them for a few days and bring them out to charge for about 6-8 hours all at the same time .
As you probably know , if the charge does go down the second hand will drag to a 2 second beat . Also when not in use they go into a sleep / energy conservation mode.
My first one was defective , wouldn't stay set and stopped ....right out of the box so the retailer traded me up to the perpetual with a titanium bracelet and case.
Maybe let it drain down all the way and then charge it and see what happens ??
Citizen has the 5 year guarantee ,but if you make the retailer aware of the issues maybe they will trade it out too.

Good luck with it.

Perpetual Chrono A-T.png

·
Registered
822 Posts
It could just be that it needs more time charging up. I've found that some eco-drive models need much more exposure to light than stated in the manual to achieve full charge. Also, Citizen recommends giving eco-drives a daily light-bath rather than an occasional burst every couple of months or so.

I've had the same 20th anniversary Aqualand model as you (except it's the metric version) for a few years now, and I leave it exposed to indirect sunlight continuously. The battery meter hand is always in the middle of the "sausage". It's never moved to the lower end of the sausage indicating maximum charge, and I don't think it ever will, but I'm not worried about that. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of that model with the charge hand at the end of the sausage, so perhaps it's not meant to be there!

Contrary to ricardopalomino's suggestion in his post, I would strongly recommend you do NOT let the battery drain completely. Citizen warn against this as it may damage the secondary cell that holds the charge. Good luck!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your insight...!

This watch was a smart purchase I picked up on a cruise to the BVI about 5 years back that replaced the original Aqualand classic diver I was using...I had a dive that was to about 100' and the watch read 56' so I knew I had to do something that day...went to a Little Switzerland and got the showcase sample model for just over $250...when I came home I noticed the "READY TO DIVE" info was flashing in the LCD area with no setting ability at all so it went off to Citizen California, where they replaced the movement ...so this might just be the slow charging issue you describe and i will keep it in the best lit area I can ...the charge has been in the "sausage" when worn over the past 4 years so I hope it is just "slow"...
Cheers
RIch

·
Registered
105 Posts
I highly doubt it, they wouldn't have discontinued the Ray Mears or Titanium Eco-Zilla if they do come on here. They discontinued so many good watches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts