The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, looking for some feedback on how the anvil wears and feels but also what endlinks to get for it ? Im saving up to get one to complete my 6309-7040 (hope it can be done next month) so far i know i want the 4 hole clasp...

So if you feel like posting some pictures that would be perfect but most important how do you like it ?

Thanks for looking in my fellow members

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
They can be ordered with curved end links to fit a 6309-7040. The feel is very comfortable. Go for the 4 hole clasp to insure a nice fit. Here's some pics of mine...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The Anvil fitted end caps for the 6309-704x are as close to a perfect fit as an aftermarket solution will get. The variable is the watch itself. I have three -704x cased exemplars and the links fit two of them perfectly but on the third have about .5mm of lateral play. You do definitely want the 4 micro adjustment clasp to maximize fit capability. Much to my chagrin, I find the overall weight of the combination to be a bit much, and often prompts me back to a Z22. I also have a 20mm Anvil on a 6105-8110 and find that the end caps for that case are a better fit but I have come to the conclusion that reverse engineering bracelet end caps (folded or solid) for the 6105-811x case seems to be more easily done. This is based on using both Harolds oyster solid end links for the 6309-704x as well as Jonathan's folded end caps for an oyster. Both of their respective solutions for the 6105-811x seem to work better. I also find the Anvil solution on the 6105-811x to be more comfortable as it weighs less than it's 22mm counterpart.

All of the above being said, these are the observations of my personal experiences and are not meant as any criticism. YMMV. I think that both Harold and Jonathan have done a phenomenal service to us all in the development and marketing of these and other Seiko solutions and I eagerly look forward to trying a 22mm Shark Mesh from William-Jean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts