The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At last I've obtained a blue 6119-7173 to go with my silver model. This is just like the watch I wore through my teens so it feels great wearing it :)

I don't want to do anything to this one though as it looks nicely original, except for the second hand - I have never seen that one before, does anyone recognize it :confused:

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
beautiful watch...second hand looks very nice...different than i have seen on others too

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice transformation on that one Woolf.

The second hand on the blue variant is commonly found on other 6119 sport 70m models. As you suspect, I don't think they are native to that particular watch.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
Nice Rally! The second hand is from a 6119-602X watch.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
well great info Seiko Psycho...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The second hans is not for that 6119. The reference 6119-8300 is very rare.
Very nice watch
I just checked the case back and it's actually a 6119-7173. It was advertised as a 6119-8300 but this was obviously a mistake :mad:

I can live with that though, it was just the pretty face I was after :)

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
those are so very tempting for sure..

·
Registered
157 Posts
I use to be a swiss only snob but I have really grown to like the diversity Seiko has to offer...this is another good example of why.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
At last I've obtained a blue 6119-8300 to go with my silver model. This is just like the watch I wore through my teens so it feels great wearing it :)

I don't want to do anything to this one though as it looks nicely original, except for the second hand - I have never seen that one before, does anyone recognize it :confused:

Woolf- Beautiful watch and congrats on finding your lovely ! just a quick question though, are my eyes deceiving me or is there a small piece of lume missing from your minute hand ? I know you mentioned that you were not going to do anything to this one (perhaps you were referring to major restoration or modding), but if the minute hand were to be replaced, I am sure your baby would benefit from a new gasket on the case back for good measure and piece of mind. Just a suggestion if the lume does need attention.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts