The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like Seikoshamen in the previous post I am also new here. With a 62MAS mod. Maybe more of a resto-mod. I won a 6217-8001 case, caseback, bezel, crown and stem on Ebay after a low-ball offer.
I hope to be able to achieve a functioning 62MAS possibly with a 6205b movement. As it stands now, hopefully the photo has loaded.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like Seikoshamen in the previous post I am also new here. With a 62MAS mod. Maybe more of a resto-mod. I won a 6217-8001 case, caseback, bezel, crown and stem on Ebay after a low-ball offer.
I hope to be able to achieve a functioning 62MAS possibly with a 6205b movement. As it stands now, hopefully the photo has loaded.
nice case! scratch would be also but dings depends...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think finding 6217 movement will be impossible. Is there any other movement apart from the 6205b that fits?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I had a 6217A movement for sale just a few weeks ago right here on SCWF.

Stay positive, they are out there. And like you said, drop in a 6206 as a temporary measure.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i think 6205 is good substitute movement for 6217
i got a few in the stash just in case i need to use it as spare parts.

Btw congrats for the case set

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Likewise, I sold a poor but salvageable 6217 movement on eBay not long ago. They will pop up. Keep going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have sent all the parts I could locate off to a watchmaker. I had to use AM dial and hands but I'll post photos of what comes back.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I seem to remember there are a lot of parts that interchange between the 6205 and the 6217. Hopefully if the 6217 plates are usable missing parts can be harvested from the 6205.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looking forward to seeing your progress on this! The case does like very interesting, with many prominent lines and plenty of "character". I imagine that you should be able to turn it into a wonderful watch. :)

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I used a 6206 in my 62MAS for a while (day wheel covered up) quite successfully until I shipped it to Duncan (thewatchbloke - highly recommend) for the 6217 rebuild.

So a 6205 should suffice well.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts