The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a cold, rainy, very windy day in the ROC so I'm not doing the yard work as planned.

In replying to one of my very best customer's e-mails today, I came up with a slick solution for those of you who want to use a "super oyster" or some other bracelet with 9mm center links on their 6139-600X.

I must confess I'm a bit reluctant to share this based on taking nearly a year to get my repro of the Z002S to its state of near perfection. But then, again, this is too good not to pass along.

Another plus is this answers the question of what to do with the ink tube from the ballpoint pen from which you hi-jacked the ball for your dive case. The ink tube's inner diameter is 0.20 hair's breadth larger than the standard 1.80mm spring bar, making a great fit.

One can carefully slice off 0.50mm sections of the ink tube with a single-edge razor blade to fill the gap between the 9mm center link and the 10mm slot...

As you can see, the spacers are nearly invisible, fit snugly and eliminate the "slop". They will most likely wear out in while but it's a quick fix to merely cut four more when needed.

Fitting the spacers is a bit fussy but if you work with the top of the bracelet and end piece down on the bench you can get the spacers placed in the gap. It's best to work with the bracelet broken down at the buckle, one half at a time.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
That looks great and ingenious too!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Always trying to solve problems ;)

Technoman said:
That looks great and ingenious too!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jonathan,

Is the a Seiko bracelet with the 10mm center link? I am looking for one to use on the previous version of the Seiko Alpinist, which uses the 10mm center link. The original Alpinist's bracelet doesn't have much fine adjustments at the buckle, and I am looking for other Seiko bracelets to do the job. However, your spacers now will work with the standard 9mm center link. 8)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My reproduction of the Z002S "H"-link bracelet was made specifically for the 6139-600X case but looks terrific on a variety of other models...

[img]

It is made with solid links that are 2.5mm thick and has a buckle with eight holes for micro-adjustment. The 10mm center links should fit right into your Alpinist's end pieces with 10mm slot.

[quote=Seikosha]
Jonathan,

Is the a Seiko bracelet with the 10mm center link? I am looking for one to use on the previous version of the Seiko Alpinist, which uses the 10mm center link. The original Alpinist's bracelet doesn't have much fine adjustments at the buckle, and I am looking for other Seiko bracelets to do the job. However, your spacers now will work with the standard 9mm center link. 8)
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
[size=2em]Washers?!?
[size=1em]That is just brilliant!!! I love the KISS solutions. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Ian. Here's another view. Please note these end pieces have a 10mm slot to accommodate the Z002S center links.

[quote=iwaddell]
@jonathan

that 6105-8*** looks super cool on your H bracelet....gives it a totally different look.
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Luciano.

LUW said:
[size=2em]Washers?!?
[size=1em]That is just brilliant!!! I love the KISS solutions. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Fred. You know I'm always trying to solve problems and this is the sort of thing that swirls in the dusty corners of my brain.

fredinhawaii said:
Jonathan, Aloha. Where does this stuff you create come from? Amazingly clever, as usual-and economical. Thanks for sharing this. Fred

1 - 12 of 12 Posts