The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the other thread like this and it reminded me i hadn't posted after i got this back from Tom recently.......

While the watch was running and resetting i couldn't set the time or date because the stem was just pulling out. One quick trip to Tom later and she's working perfectly......

Tom's an absolute gent to deal with and i can highly recommend his work.

There was one curious thing though - i could have sworn it didn't have a strap on it when i sent it off but it came back with this really nice brown leather jobbie on it that suits the watch perfectly.

Turns out that as well as fixing watches the talented Mr Hickman is also making straps out of some special halloween (or something like that anyway!) leather. It's thick and really soft and light. I'm normally a bracelet wearer but this is a great strap.

Thanks Tom !

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Nice example Andy and it looks great on Tom's leather strap. Those 601Xs are difficult to find a a good strap for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
912 Posts
No problem Andy, always nice to help if I can. It should reset nice now, but don't look to hard, I know it was absolutely definately 12.

Hope you like the strap, that Halloween leather is pretty darn nice stuff, and it will take on plenty of interesting patina very quickly if you do use it

I will be selling these and similar straps at some point this year, too much on at the moment to give it any serious kick start... But I will. Anyone interested in the meantime just give me a mail.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts