The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
34,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
make my own again, enjoying retirement playing in my "workshop"and garden centres up to now :)

I did a trade a while back with member Uwe and i received a project 7549-7009 case, bezel and glass retaining screw ring and nothing else.

I like these projects as they take time and hunting which brings success, failure and frustration which all adds to the fun :)

Tried buying a shroud with zero success so i decided to make one as fortunately Rob/Seikokid loaned me his to take a copy from, mine is not a 100% 1-1 copy cosmetically but the important parts of the shroud are pretty much spot on and imo 100% better than no shroud. It's one of those things that if I was making a few then the next ones would be better having learned what I have by making the prototype.

If all the parts I have coming do actually turn up correct then i only need a dial and hands, anybody ? :)

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
very cool...love your work

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Cool, are you going to get it DLC'd?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Fail to happen

John for me, Sir, I just have to say this:
When you ....... " Cannot find something, I am very Tickled by that, because I know you are going ...
" To Do Something About getting It or Making It ", and I just go to sleep without any Doubt that you have found the answer to what fail to happen. Then when it comes about I just sit back and have a celebration with a Coffee or Tea and watch the monitor and just admire it, and give you a toast for it being well done.
Aloha Sir

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi John,

chapeau, you did really a good job!

Hope you find the dial and the hands so my old case will come back to life again :)

regs

Uwe

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Nice work John! , go on admit it - any excuse to get the rotary chisel fired up !:)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Every time you post on a new project or experiment you bring me one step closer to a divorce by temping me to invest in tools I really don't need. I've had a lot of fun with case mods in the past, but the things you produce are far beyond the realm of a cordless drill and a grinding wheel.

·
Registered
29,683 Posts
Off Topic...Kind of....John, Are you doing anything concerning the fabrication of Bezels ? Back on Topic...Very nice work as usual John ^^^ :)

·
Administrator
34,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Off Topic...Kind of....John, Are you doing anything concerning the fabrication of Bezels ? Back on Topic...Very nice work as usual John ^^^ :)
Hi David,

At some time in the future I do want to look at producing a bezel for my TST but at the moment my wife dose not seem to understand the concept of retirement that in my mind gives me loads of free time to do what I want !!!

Up to now it has been do this and when your finished you can sort that out before you get on with so and so...................bugger it is harder than being at work but..............so much more enjoyable :)

·
Registered
29,683 Posts
Yes, The Honey Do List...Never ends I tell You...I'm sure you will find the Time ;)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Thats right

The Honey :

I just thought you
I really need too
If you only would
I sure would like
Its the wrong time
I am busy right now ......... " OK " ?
There you go, bothering me again
It's been so many years since you
Just a little more time and you can
Do you really, you should
You cant help me for just a little
Every time I ask you
You always spend so much time doing those things.
When it comes to other people, ........ but me ?

" You guys need any more like these ".

Now the one that puts the icing on the cake :
The Ace of them all ............ " BUT YOU SAID ".

( All this with one famous gesture of
sigh ......... Huuuuh. )

Yeh, I have some time and been through it also.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Tiger is there anything you can not make..i think not

1 - 20 of 21 Posts