The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this 6106-5410 just before Christmas, arrived this morning.
Seller's photo here (doesn't show how scratched the crystal was):-

A quick strip down and clean resulted in this :cool: :-

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A nice save John, enjoy.
Cheers John, would have preferred it with a blue dial, but beggars can't be choosers and at £12 it was a bargain. I'm currently wearing it to make it feel loved.
The bracelet appears to be not original, the 1974 catalog shows a similar watch (same case/dial but with a 17 jewel movement, not the 25 jewel 6106 that this has) with a fine mesh stainless band, more research needed I think. ;)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah John, this bracelet is a pretty flimsy thing...yours looks as lot better on something more substantial.

Rob
Mines a January 1972 watch Rob, with the 6106 25 jewel movement, probably one of the first of the DX range of watches. I get the impression that Seiko cheapened up the DX range by 1974 :mad:.
There unfortunately is a gap in the forum database and the catalogues there run from 1969 straight to 1974, missing out '72 and '73 :(. Will have to do more research.;)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My serial# is 050284... 1980 I guess? I had no idea they ran so long.

Rob
Would have thought may 1970 was more likely, a bit of further research indicates that the DX range actually started about 1969 and probably first appeared in the 1970 catalogue :eek:hmy: . Yours 'proof' or 'resist'? Would have been right on the cusp in early 1970, a few months earlier and it would definitely be 'proof'. All latest research also points to all of the 6106-5410's having the fine mesh stainless bracelet, might have to look out for one if I want to keep it original.:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts