The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to hold my breath a bit on this last one I snagged from eBay. I've already got a blue 6139 but I liked this one because of the notched case. I was a little concerned about the dent near the upper right lug, but I've repaired worse.

And when it arrived yesterday (on my wife's birthday, no less ... hope that's not a bad sign!)

And what was most exciting, the rotating ring was still a very deep blue and had all its teeth intact.

This could shape up to be a very nice watch when it's all said and done!

·
Craftsman
3,724 Posts
I knew this watch would turn up sooner or later. I purchased it from the seller, Paid for it promptly, then within hours come to find out he backed out for a better deal and refunded my funds..........:(

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew this watch would turn up sooner or later. I purchased it from the seller, Paid for it promptly, then within hours come to find out he backed out for a better deal and refunded my funds..........:(
:eek:hmy: Perhaps that's what some of the gibberish in the auction description was about. I only gave it a cursory glance since it didn't really say much about the condition of the watch. I saw the comment on his feedback and that actually did give me a little pause about buying it when it was relisted.

·
Craftsman
3,724 Posts
No hard feelings on my end Jason. I'm glad one of us was able to acquire it.

I just wish Sellers were required to hold up their end of the bargain just like buyers.

Those notched case Resist models are actually rarer then the Proof models do to the fact that, from what I have learned, they were only made from March to July of 70'.

Looks like it will clean up nicely!

·
Special Member
6,533 Posts
Another sorry commentary on the greed that dominates fleabuy. We've all had nonsense like this happen to us.

Great job SP2 on taking the high road. I admire your stance. Well played.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts