The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Not quite a Seiko, but I thought I would share a few Speedmaster momements in Paris ...

Disneyland Entrance. The Speedy came in useful to time the wait for rides: typically 1-1½ hours.

Somebody left this standing after the World Fair over a hundred years ago and never bothered to remove it. Two hour wait to get to the second floor. If we had wanted to get to the top the 12h chrono on the Speedy would have been useful.

View of the city from Sacre Couer. Strap change in honour of the solemnity of the situation.

Champs Elysees, after breakfast at MacDonalds (what can I say, my kids are 14, 10 & 9). Out of the corner of my eye, my mouth stuffed with Bacon MacMuffin, I espied the Omega sign...

Omega, Paris. Moonwatch exhibition (right), Constellations (left) and youths wondering who JFK was . Friendly staff (hidden, center) had seen me dribble at the Moonwatch exhibition, and noticeing my Speedy, had unlocked the security doors to give me some Moonwatch "stuff" and invite me inside. I sensibely declined

Notice the cigarette nonchalantly poised behind my ear. I am a great believer of blending in with the locals, and grew my moustache at the age of 12 in anticipation of this trip

My son, wondering what we would be having for lunch.

[sub]Moonwatch exhibition, with my first sighting of the brown dial Speedy Pro.[/sub][sub]It was fun to see - I wonder if the astronauts ever really stood on top of the landing module, though? I had a brief vision of Buzz Aldrin standing on the roof to take a leak, but immediately banished that thought as entirely inappropriate...[/sub]

The 40th Anniversary - pictured during the 40th Anniversary Expensive.

The limited-to-69-pieces platinum 40th Anniversary. The number at the bottom left is not the telephone number.

Say no more. A striking contrast to the watch I had seen the previous day in the museum at Coulommiers:

No platinum here - the movement is made of....wood!

After all that excitement, an espresso was in order...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks, Harry - having seen your pics, I've seen all I want to see of Paris! (If I want to stand in line, I can do that here in America! ;D ) Probably saved me about $8000USD!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
...not because it is easy, but because it is hard.

Speedy looks good on that tan Nato.

I saw the Lunar module from Apollo 11 I believe, a few weeks ago in DC. Nobody on the roof, but there really is a McDonalds close to everyone.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Great story! Makes me want to go to Paris again. Thanks for sharing! ;)

My local Omega AD has a brown dialed Speedy on display and I had it on my wrist for a few minutes. Honestly, I think it looks like a cheap remake of a well-wabied tropical brown (faded) Speedy. And it's bl**dy expensive as well!

Looking at your pics, I must say that I really like the nato that's on your Speedy. It's one of the colors I don't have in the drawer. Perhaps I should try to get one as well.

Menno

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Great shots...really nice!
Thanks for that
Jem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts