The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Im new to the forum, and recently got some advice about watch servicing in Perth, Australia. I thought id introduce myself and the beginnings of my collection (sorry for the rubbish photos, i'm still trying to work out how to photograph watches properly).

I got interested as i had a couple of automatic seikos as a kid. I have no idea where they are now, so decided to buy myself another one. I like the Japanese way of doing things, sometimes reserved and refined, and then sometimes straight up crazy, but always polishing and sharpening the axe.

My first purchase was to try to get the wife on board. I picked up a near mint watch ring, 11-0290 in white gold plate (at least i think thats what AWGP means). Its a cool little thing, but the wife was not in to it. It has a small imperfection in the crystal, but otherwise looks unworn. the band has never been adjusted. its sat in a box unloved for a while now.

I forged ahead without the wife's blessing anyway and picked up a KS 5246-6020. This went to the doctor and came back looking and running great. Eagle-eyed will notice the wrong end link on the original bracelet, but I doubt i'll every find another one. Its destined for a leather strap anyway, as i think the bracelet is a bit too light for my heavy-handed tendencies.

I also scored a Navigator Timer, 6117-6410. I like this watch a lot. I'm waiting for a NOS crystal, then its off to the doctor to make it work properly (hopefully!). Again, those paying attention will notice that the hands are all pointing in the wrong directions, i suspect an amateur repair job at some point.

Im looking forwards to asking many stupid questions, and getting stuck in to the trading forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Im looking forwards to asking many stupid questions, and getting stuck in to the trading forum!

You will :) :welcome:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
welcome to the forum..great to have you with us....those are some beautiful watches....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts