The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is a board member of a non-profit organiztion(Northern California Herpetological Society). July 3rd we had a barbeque and did some fireworks for some of the members at our house. One of the members (Vince)and I started talking Seiko's. He was wearing a Titanium quartz Seiko. I showed him my collection and turns out he has a few Seiko's sitting in drawer at home. Well tonight was the monthly board meeting and Vince showed up and brought 4 Seiko's. Seems his Father would buy him watches once in a while. All are original owner.
(pics taken with my droid)
This one needs some cosmetic work but runs great and chrono works perfectly. Has original bracelet and end links.(He will not part with this one) :'( ;
Dated October 1973

This one he never wore and I will probably be buying this one :) . The strap crumbled from age;
7002-7000

The other two were quartz.... a quartz diver and gold tone 7T42.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Cool story! I spot old Seikos all the time out in the wild. I'll usually comment if I get the chance, and the owners typically enjoy talking about their watches. The strangest place I recall ever seeing another Seiko owner was at the top of a mountain trail my wife and I had hiked to in North Carolina. As we stood at the end of the trail, looking out across the valley below at a beautiful waterfall on the far side, a guy walked up behind us. I immediately noticed his vintage 6309. When I asked, he told me he'd bought it while in the military many years earlier. I completely forgot about the breathtaking vista in front of me to start talking watches instead. No wonder my wife thinks I'm nuts... :))

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Great story.Maybe he would be a candidate for a newbie on the forum.
I must say since i started wearing my watches on rotation everyday at my place of work a few of my colleagues have started to get involved in likeing the seikos and citizens brand,plus my boss even liked my Orient Star 300 in yellow so much he got me to get him one which he now wears everyday in place of his £5500 Rolex Yaghtmaster 11.That says something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd love to own a Rolex. But as I like to change watches so often - I don't think I'll ever own one! I doubt I'll have 10 Rolex's sitting at home!

I suppose you're boss feels the same!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts