21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Ah, the Alpine air!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't have an Alpinist, but I think I may want to get one for my daughter. Would anybody know which models of Alpinist were being produced in April 2011? Had Seiko completely switched to the 6R15 movement at that time?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Alpinist questions

1. April 2011 Alpinist products available were SARB015 (black w/different dial design), SARB016 (cream), SARB017(green dial with same dial design as cream). All were excellent 6R15 movement with hand wind and hacking capability in addition to automatic operation. SARB017 green with attractive brown strap still available through various distributors. And more modern conventional looking silver Alpinist with bracelet has been announced and available.

I don't have an Alpinist, but I think I may want to get one for my daughter. Would anybody know which models of Alpinist were being produced in April 2011? Had Seiko completely switched to the 6R15 movement at that time?

·
Registered
61 Posts
If anyone wants to sell their 017 Alpinist let me know! I have loads of references on WUS under the same username.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Alpinist - best of both worlds...

The latest Alpinist SARB 059, is crafted with a more contemporary style, but with a dark green dial. Designers continuing Alpinist heritage with best of old and new world appeal:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts