The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how many generations and models of Alpinists are out in the wild?

Considered as one of the finest timepieces in quality and style, Alpinists enjoy a historical niche over time. Personal imagination envisions mountains, fresh air, hiking trails, and old world explorations.

Perhaps their architecture is best described as a beautiful combination of old and new world charm:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Personal imagination envisions mountains, fresh air, hiking trails, and old world explorations.

Perhaps their architecture is best described as a beautiful combination of old and new world charm:
:rolleyes:

You are a poet, aren't you?

Theres the black Alpinist missing:

Michael

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alpinist adventures...

Thanks to Thian and Samwatch showcasing their stunning variations of the Alpinist! Inviting all Alpinists to post their still or adventure action photos as well.

For example, did we mention that Alpinists with their compass navigational capabilities are at home on the open seas as well!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can I join?

To: David K,

Yours has a compass and obvious Alpinist DNA - so welcome aboard!

Alpinist = Adventure: Looking forward to some WIS adventure pics from any Alpinist who has them!

Lex

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alpinist imaginating...

Hmmmm... Kinda of like a Jimmy Buffet song about far off places. Alpinist could be a "Parrot Head!"

'I shall never hear a poem lovelier than an Alpinist
with silver base and creamy face,

The timepiece I watch all day
dreaming of far off lands and exotic places,

Sipping Margaritas in the shade
until my senses melt away,

Then crafting poems of this Old World watch,
inspiring a plethora of surreal thoughts!"

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alpinist navigating ship to Margaritaville...

Another Alpinist adventure navigating the cruise ship to Margaritaville with the compass and the sun:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice touch on the hands Daniel...

The chrome hands with the white lume looks fantastic - complements perfectly.

I have also changed hands to black complementing with a strap change to black. Works well for those difficult to read dials if watch appropriate with a strap.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome Covita from Spain

Welcome aboard! Nice representation of New and Old World Alpinist legacies! A symbolic contrast of bracelet and leather strap fitting the era. Still something special about the tropic green dial on brown leather - a classic Alpinist look!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts