1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aloha

NEWS FROM HAWAII....,
NOTE:
Honolulu, Hawaii IS IN .... LOCK DOWN FOR THE NEXT .....14 DAYS FROM TODAY.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-wolf-over-220-000-152543983.html
YOU WILL BE GREETED AT THE OFF LOADING AREA AND WILL BE GOING INTO ....... A MANDATORY QUARANTINE SELECTED SITE.
YOU ARE ALSO RESPONSIBLE TO PROVIDE YOUR OWN TRANSPORTATION TO THAT SITE ALSO.

So do not come here for the next .... 14 Days IF IT WILL BE A ...... INCONVENIENCE FOR YOU,
.......... YOU WILL ..... GET QUARANTINED ALSO.

OUR GOVERNOR SAYS HE WISHES THAT THIS WILL NOT GET TO THAT PLACE FOR VISITORS
.... BUT THAT WE ARE A ..... STATE OF ALOHA AND WE PROTECT OUR OHANA ...( FAMILY ).

Aloha and Please Stay Safe Every One,

Louis / LongBike

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Welcome to the club Louis

It's not that bad we are 7 days in. Lots of good housework getting done.

What's killing me is the mountain of WIS stuff building up at my remote mailbox service.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Aloha Louis, we in the tropics (Sri Lanka) are in lockdown too! I have now restored to taking apart my watches that need minor work (case polishing, hands relume, etc) and doing them up, while attending to general tidying up of the household.
@Grammarofdesign; I know the feeling, I've got a bezel insert that's stuck somewhere too.

Stay safe everyone at SCWF!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Aloha ,
I think it will be looking like this soon.
I took the Bus to the shopping center this morning just for a kick and there was this guy dress like
picture Number - 4 dressed in a ...... ( White Suit Like This One ) ..... and everyone was lost it
watching him but he still rode the bus for the next .....6 - Blocks.

Louis

Attachments

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aloha Louis, we in the tropics (Sri Lanka) are in lockdown too! I have now restored to taking apart my watches that need minor work (case polishing, hands relume, etc) and doing them up, while attending to general tidying up of the household.
@Grammarofdesign; I know the feeling, I've got a bezel insert that's stuck somewhere too.

Stay safe everyone at SCWF!
Aloha Sir,
Hey just like I do .... I have (4) Four old watch's coming from ..... Ramon
any day now also so when it comes in I have to use ... Surgical Glove to open it but I always use them before I do anything and get them apart and cleaned but still using gloves to work.
Louis

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Stay safe Louis and all you other guys who are in lockdown or just worried for family and friends. It's strange and worrying times we find ourselves in.

We're still at the "please stay at home" stage here in Scotland. So getting off very lightly so far. There's even a small positive side in that I start work as a delivery driver for one of the local supermarkets this week. Handy as there's no chance of me getting back to my original career any time soon.

Much Love

Graham

·
"The Prospector"
4,489 Posts
Me too Louis and Graham, i'm in the 'stay at home' phase here in Essex U.K. too, i'm looking at a lovely Spring morning out of the window, all for the greater good though i guess :)
It is still a rather surreal situation to me....

All you guys and families, stay safe and well !!

Vyn.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Hayling Island UK checking in here.... lovely day down here. Stay at home at the moment, but likely to be total lockdown in the next few days! Can’t wait. :(

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
We'll probably have a lockdown soon here in the Netherlands, mostly thanks to the morons that flock to the forests and beaches on this nice sunny day.
Lots of people not keeping their distance to each other.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Locked down here as well. No WIS stuff incoming now, but all travel plans have been upended for a long while. Was in the middle of restoring 2 vintage motorcycles, now I have no idea when those will be done. Well, even if I finished I couldn’t really go anywhere.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Locked down here as well. No WIS stuff incoming now, but all travel plans have been upended for a long while. Was in the middle of restoring 2 vintage motorcycles, now I have no idea when those will be done. Well, even if I finished I couldn’t really go anywhere.
I was due to fly into the US to visit relations next month but of course that's shelved. :(

Hopefully might make Thanksgiving?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Aloha

NEWS FROM HAWAII....,
NOTE:
Honolulu, Hawaii IS IN .... LOCK DOWN FOR THE NEXT .....14 DAYS FROM TODAY.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-wolf-over-220-000-152543983.html
YOU WILL BE GREETED AT THE OFF LOADING AREA AND WILL BE GOING INTO ....... A MANDATORY QUARANTINE SELECTED SITE.
YOU ARE ALSO RESPONSIBLE TO PROVIDE YOUR OWN TRANSPORTATION TO THAT SITE ALSO.

So do not come here for the next .... 14 Days IF IT WILL BE A ...... INCONVENIENCE FOR YOU,
.......... YOU WILL ..... GET QUARANTINED ALSO.

OUR GOVERNOR SAYS HE WISHES THAT THIS WILL NOT GET TO THAT PLACE FOR VISITORS
.... BUT THAT WE ARE A ..... STATE OF ALOHA AND WE PROTECT OUR OHANA ...( FAMILY ).

Aloha and Please Stay Safe Every One,

Louis / LongBike
Aloha Louis.
I that this situation ends soon .....i live in Italy and i know what it means ..... we have been in quarantine for 20 days....and certainly for many more days again....many people are dying here.....yes please stay safe every one.
A big hello and thank you for all.
Max.

·
Special Member
2,530 Posts
Here in Thailand there is No Lockdown but many businesses have been closed. Restaurants just today ordered to move to Takeout or Delivery only. Streets are deserted. I have an outdoor workshop here at my house where I work alone and I have plenty of projects ready. My kitchen is well stocked and takeout food is delivered and left inside my gate with a very polite toot of the horn from the motobike driver to notify me - I'm a good tipper! Stay Safe Everyone!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here in Thailand there is No Lock down but many businesses have been closed. Restaurants just today ordered to move to Takeout or Delivery only. Streets are deserted. I have an outdoor workshop here at my house where I work alone and I have plenty of projects ready. My kitchen is well stocked and takeout food is delivered and left inside my gate with a very polite toot of the horn from the motobike driver to notify me - I'm a good tipper! Stay Safe Everyone!
Well Today is the Day we here in .......Hawaii Will Start The ....Stay At Home Time.
Many has seen that the Governor has mentioned all what will be done so we are
doing it for the next ...... 14 Days here.
Just remember if you are ...... Coming to Hawaii or Passing Through that this will be
...... As Mentioned About The Virus Time Ruling and be .... Dealt With As Announced.
Just a Reminder ,
Aloha
Louis / LongBike

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Here in Japan many show the ostrich syndrome...lots of people on the streets and bars and restaurants as normal. Just yesterday the Tokyo mayor urged their citizens to stay at home over the weekend since 40 more cases reported....
Meanwhile, the wife and I will visit a used store in north Osaka looking for watches :)

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here in Japan many show the ostrich syndrome...lots of people on the streets and bars and restaurants as normal. Just yesterday the Tokyo mayor urged their citizens to stay at home over the weekend since 40 more cases reported....
Meanwhile, the wife and I will visit a used store in north Osaka looking for watches :)
Alohs Sir,
Good to hear from you again and please take good care ...You & Mrs.Wong . Yes what we call .....Thrift & Second Hand Stores do pay off a lot many times , just have to hit the right ones.
Aloha Sir,
Louis / Longbike

·
Registered
311 Posts
Aloha!

The Netherlands here: semi-lockdown; not mandatory by the government, but -let's say- 'urged'. Pretty good response: >95% of the population indoors. Shops are allowed to be open, but a lot have decided to close after all. Supermarkets and other food-related stores have a strict policy: 10m2 space per customer. In a 3000m2 shop, only 300 people are allowed in (including personnel). Things are easy. Schools are closed up until April 6th, but rumor has it that it will be extended to early May. School exams are cancelled this year (normally starting early May). My youngest is a happy guy. His hard work this year is rewarded with all A and A+ levels. We're waiting for the official result, so that we can hoist the national flag + his school bag.

My in-laws are Canadian but live in Spain during the winter months ("In Europe, near the grand-children and... proper golf courses nearby). Now, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place! They can't return to Toronto. Spain is hit hard by the virus. You're only allowed 50 yrds from your front door! Armed police and the military patrol the streets. Both my in-laws are 85+ and used to be on the golf course every day. Now, my MiL has taken up painting again and my FiL is trying to lear Portugese, because my brother in law and his wife live in Brazil.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts