The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
I'd like to go for the 5718. I could bear the buyers premium, but then there's 20% VAT on the lot (hammer price + premium) to get it into the UK.
The VAT bill would be the deal breaker. Bummer.

·
Special Member
2,781 Posts
I just went through the whole auction. IMO some good vintage but from what I can see many of the lots are recently discontinued and even has Reissue SRP Turtles. Why would anyone need to go to an auction to buy a Turtle???

Also the auction is listed as Part 1? Is there a Part 2?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I went through but damn, this is bad. A mix of poor watches with AM parts. And then an orange sumo with an estimate of like 175-350$?! For that price i'd take 2, or 10 :D

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Lots of “rare” watches. That’s usually a no go for me on eBay in terms of a seller. But there is a couple that I will keep my eye on that I haven’t seen much lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bloody watches

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Yes, certainly some wrong ‘uns in that auction. i can only see a couple of pics. Can anyone post a link to the whole listing?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The one Seikomatic looked nice at first glance, but the rust on the edge of the date wheel makes me wonder what kind of internal mess there might be. Photos of watch backs would be nice, too.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The more you look the worse it becomes. Looks like the 6105 has a Fake Dial and Aftermarket Bezel Insert.
That was my reaction exactly. I was initially excited to see some rare pieces, then saw a fake dial here, a fake bezel there, and a couple truly bogus examples. Overall, a major disappointment — hard for me to believe that Bonhams would knowingly sell some of this junk.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Do our experts think the ScubaPro 450 has an aftermarket dial ?
With the caveat that I am not a ScubaPro expert ...

The dial on Lot 807 looked to me like it could be real, although there is some lume mismatch between the dial and hands. The dial on Lot 846 looked fake, based on the lower dial text and 6:00 marker.

Just for grins I emailed them about lots 839 and 840 (two Pogues), asking about Bonhams’ policy regarding aftermarket or counterfeit parts. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I just went through the whole auction. IMO some good vintage but from what I can see many of the lots are recently discontinued and even has Reissue SRP Turtles. Why would anyone need to go to an auction to buy a Turtle???

Someone might 'shell' out for the Turtle.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts