The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Have some sad news and need some help.
I came back from a trip to HK last night. Due to the amount of baggage and the need to run after a 4year old girl, I decided to place 2 of my watches in one of my bags that went got checked in as luggage.

I thought all would be well since i never had issues with my luggage bags.
However, to my horror when I picked up the bag at the luggage belt, the bag's zipper was broken and the box holding my watches were missing!

here is the box that I used to keep the watches safe. Its actually a GG box. (phone next to it to provide scale)

The two watches missing are my

SBDX011 Emperor Tuna on an isofrane Strap

You can see the serial number here : 9N0135

and

Maranez BWB LE bronze watch

it was on a blue canvas strap with helberg buckle

(no pics of this one)

Needless to say I am distressed and pissed (with myself mostly)that this happened.

I ask the members here to help keep a look out on these 2 watches . If ever these 2 watches matching the description comes up for sale do let me know.

I am asking for insurance and Tiger Air for compensation but unlikely to be able to cover the costs.

Thanks in advance.....

Badern

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Argggh - thats terrible. Feel for you and will key an eye out in the off chance anything comes up.

Looks like they were perhaps seen on the x-ray machine.

Just out of interest - what airport was it?

·
Registered
542 Posts
So sorry for you, I had burglars in my house last month and I know how you're feeling...

·
Special Member
4,120 Posts
That's tough but don't beat yourself up too much. No sense in adding physical pain to your emotional loss! Here's hoping something good will come out of this.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Darn !!! Sorry to hear that !! We will keep our eyes open....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Man that sucks. Dishonest people everywhere. The luggage handlers at airports are notorious for stealing things out of people's luggages. I always keep all of my watches with me in my carry on for that reason.

I'll definitely keep an eye out.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Terrible news. :( I assume the theft took place at the departure airport as it would be there that the baggage was x-rayed, prior to being put on the plane. What airport was that? They would probably pop up for sale in that country.:mad:

·
Registered
79 Posts
It states in his description that he came back from HK and his location is listed as Singapore.......!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
That must be terrible,sad to hear.:(

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OOps... should have clarified.

The airport is in Singapore - my home country.

The Serial number for the Maranez LE is no. 42.

Thanks for the kind words guys...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts