The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone and Happy New Year! I am new to this forum and need some direction. I have been searching through the catalog links provided (great resource!); however, I am unable to locate a couple of ladies Seiko watches that I have. If someone can shed some light on my issue, it'd be great.

I have two Seiko Quartz ladies gold watches. Here are my numbers: 842709 and 712070. From what I have read, the 8 and 7 indicate the year of manufacture, but would that be 1968 & 1967? Or maybe 1978 & 1977 or 1988 & 1987. Although I highly doubt that the manufacture date was in the 80's, I am unable to tell.

I really appreciate all information that is sent my way.

Thanks,
debipie

·
Super Moderator
3,122 Posts
Hi debipie,
I've moved your question to the main forum, where it will receive better attention.
While I can rule out 1967/8 for you (the first quartz wrist watch did not appear for sale until December, 1969, and ladies' sized calibers were several years after that), we will need to know the model numbers of the watches to figure out which decade the watches were likely from. Most Seiko calibers were not in production longer than 10 years, but those that were often have other tell-tales found in the styling and/or other stamped information on the caseback or dial. So pictures will likely help, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts