The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-\ Hi all ,
it appears ive learnt the hard way , bought a aftermarket crown complete for a 6309 and crystal retaining ring .
the crown appears to of stripped its threads after very little use , adjusting time etc ?.
and the ring ! well that seems to be two thin and wont hold down tight over the crystal .
any one else had problems with the retaining rings ?.

oh well you live and learn !

·
Administrator
33,756 Posts
Hi you have my sympathies, i wasted a lot of time and a fair few $$$ on after market 6105 crowns, dials and hands from the Philippines &@#$%~ nightmare :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
6309 original crowns can still be found.
Yobokies has them and I believe some other parts gurus like Robbie, Petew etc.

Replacement crowns are mostly garbage, I had one which dismantled underwater :-[ , here is the result:

And crystal rings - sometimes they fit, sometimes they are not...
it's better finding an original even if it is used.

Good luck!

·
Registered
230 Posts
[quote=Galpo]

. . . . garbage, I had one which dismantled underwater :-[ , here is the result:

[img]

[/quote]

OUCH! It looks like an aquarium in there! Initially, I thought the glass had cracked! I hope the watch 'in hand' has been properly serviced and is working well my friend!

·
Registered
702 Posts
TickTalk said:

OUCH! It looks like an aquarium in there! Initially, I thought the glass had cracked! I hope the watch 'in hand' has been properly serviced and is working well my friend!
[/quote]

Thanks for the good words. I've managed to save everything but the movement.
Salt water have a bad influence on the inner parts of watches ;D

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had the same problem with a Philippines 6309 crystal ring. The problem was the inner diameter was slightly too small to fit over the bevel of the crystal. A few strokes with some 320 grit wet-or-dry paper fixed it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have bought a couple of crystal retaining rings from the Philippines, and have also had mixed results. But what about the crystal? If it is non genuine, it may not have the correct bevel, and therefore even a genuine ring will not fit. I have found this with a couple of crystals I have bought.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi all,
i will try that with the wet & dry hopefully could work with mine ?.
tried a couple of crystals all original.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts