The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came across a used Grand Seiko at Lemon Ginza, and I need some advice. I found a 9F83-9A30 that I believe to be an SBGT015. The serial number is 090167. I've been trying to figure out if it's a 2000 build or a 2010 build, but I've been unable to determine the production dates for the SBGT015. Also, the watch is pretty scratched up on the bracelet and bezel as well as an inscription on the back side. However, I believe that it can be polished back to original, and the inscription is in the upper brushed part of the caseback, and it can be easily removed. The best part is the price, only 70,000 Yen. At the current exchange rate, that's only 592 USD. It comes with original bracelet, extra links, and box.
I'm not in love with the case design, but I really like the 9F83 due to the day/date functionality. I think that this is a great deal, but I'm open to suggestions. What do you guys think?
As always, thank you for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, I guess I missed this one. Hope you enjoy it. Any idea of whether it's a 2000 or a 2010?
Also, I had some friends translate the information card, and it said that there was something wrong with the "packing" on the inside. Any chance you could post up a shot of the movement. I'm just curious if there's something I should be looking for in these 9F83 movements. I hope to find another one sometime.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The manual is probably what they were talking about! I noticed that when they showed me the box. The manual is for an 8Jxx I think.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there,
If you are based in Japan and still on the look out for a 9F83 movement then housekihiroba have a couple of GS 9F83s for sale. The price is higher than at Lemon but pretty reasonable considering condition.
I also like to keep an eye out at Komehyo as interesting pieces sometimes crop up there.
Anyway, good luck on your search for another GS.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there,
If you are based in Japan and still on the look out for a 9F83 movement then housekihiroba have a couple of GS 9F83s for sale. The price is higher than at Lemon but pretty reasonable considering condition.
I also like to keep an eye out at Komehyo as interesting pieces sometimes crop up there.
Anyway, good luck on your search for another GS.
Thanks for the heads up on Komehyo. I hadn't been looking there. Most of my shopping has been at Hard Offs in the Tokyo area, and I've found some really nice vintage Seikos.
I'll take a look on housekihiroba and see what I can find. Thanks so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts